The Long Beach Resort

Habaraduwa, Galle, Sri Lanka

The Long Beach Resort Rates and Deals

The Long Beach Resort Galle Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Beautiful beach but, in general, the rest left a lot to be desired. Jan 06, 2015
We decided to spend the end of 2014 in Sri Lanka with my family. I was looking for a place at a nice beach so that in addition to excursions to national parks and other attractions, we would be able to spend some time relaxing. I wanted something special for my kids. So, in reading some of my criticism it should be understood that the rooms were extremely expensive, even when compared with prices in Europe or the Middle East.

I definitely got the nice beach! The location, a few miles from Unawatuna beach, isn't bad at all. There's not much to do in the immediate area other than beach, but it's just a 10 minute tuk-tuk ride to Unawatuna where there are lots of places to eat and touristy shopping places. A little farther is Galle where we had a great meal and enjoyed wandering around the fort area.

To sum up the good points about this place: There are a couple of large swimming pools and a beautiful, long, sandy beach. The rooms are large and there is a spa on site. For us, it was fine... We had a fantastic time at the beach and used it as a base from which to explore.

The negative things, unfortunately, outweigh the positive ones as the place was pretty dirty, from the rooms to the corridors to the somewhat murky water in the swimming pool. We had two rooms and both had cockroaches, which isn't the end of the world, but it was really difficult to get any attention from the hotel housekeeping or reception staff. All but one of the light bulbs in the room were burned out and it took a great deal of insistence and more than 24 hours to get light bulbs and a can of bug spray.

The bed was a curious thing: They must not have enough kind size sheets, so they were using twin sheets, crosswise, on the beds. That meant that for me, being tall, from my knees down I was just sleeping directly on the mattress. Another funny thing in the rooms is that they provide sachets of instant coffee, creamer, tea bags, sugar and cups, but there is no way to heat water!

Check in was painfully slow, but fortunately we did have rooms and there was no problem for us. We witnessed a huge altercation at the reception area when a family came to check in, had pre-paid (as had I) and had no room available nor did the reception staff or manager offer any assistance to them.

It seemed like every time we walked through the reception area something negative was going on. Another was an extremely upset lady who had given clothing to housekeeping for laundering and hadn't gotten it back after two days.

We ate at the restaurant two evenings. The first evening, where they featured Sri Lankan food, was pretty good, but the other night it was not good at all. Things like cleaning spills on the floor, refilling empty serving dishes, and being careful that decorations are clean and appropriate would be really easy to remedy... I mention decorations because they were using some fancy baked breads to adorn the area at the buffet where you can get bread, but those decorations were covered with mold.

In general, the management there really just didn't seem to care much at all about anything.

In general, maybe if you go during a quieter season, when the hotel isn't full you could have a good experience at this place. I would sooner try another hotel if I go there again.
One of the two huge pools.
Christmas tree in the lobby
My room
Another view of my room at the Lon…
sylviandavid says:
Congratulations on being featured! You wrote a good review with lots of information .... it deserved the feature .... Happy Travels! Sylvia
Posted on: Jan 16, 2015
boxinbcn says:
Thanks Sylvia! I think that it will just take a little time as tourism is sort of a recent development here. I appreciate your comment!!
Posted on: Jan 13, 2015
sylviandavid says:
A very good report .... sad that so many of these problems could be fixed so easily but there doesn't seem to be the desire to improve .... Thanks for providing this informative review ...
Posted on: Jan 13, 2015

The Long Beach Resort Overview

With its central location, The Long Beach Resort is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Galle.
This 4.5-star hotel was established in 2011 and offers 102 guestrooms.
Room amenities include ironing board, in room safe, internet access – wireless.
The basic amenities provided at this Galle accommodation comprise meeting facilities, restaurant, laundry service/dry cleaning.
Leisure and sports facilities available on the hotel's property comprise gym, outdoor pool, pool (kids), garden.
Modern comfort and convenience are seamlessly combined to ensure the guests' satisfaction.
For your reservation at the The Long Beach Resort, simply submit your dates and complete our secure online booking form.

The Long Beach Resort Amenities

• Garden
  • Water Activities
  • Desk
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower