The London Pub Clark Philippines

Clark, Philippines

The London Pub Clark Philippines Reviews

JasonLaw JasonLaw
You're right, it is very authentic, good English Pub I like it Sep 15, 2009
This is pretty neat, smacks of a real British kind of establishments. I wonder if they built this because there is a large community of British expats and retirees. Whatever was their reasons, they did a good job with this place. Craftmanship is top-notch, not like the rough joints they call bars out in Angeles city.

What I liked most about this place was the food, although I did find the service slow for my taste. I like to see food in front of me ten minutes after I order. It took them something like 20 minutes. I kept my cool by killing time at the billiard table.

When I was there, the place had more locals than foreigners. Indeed the crowd is obviously quite upscale for the province at least. Out of the 40+ people present, I could spot at least 5 or 6 were tourists, visiting businessmen most likely. There were a fair number of ladies, all of them are obviously business executives dressed in smart business attire, very attractive if I may add. It made me realize that if I were a business executive, female especially, where else could I have hung out without feeling downright uncomfortable and unsafe in Pampanga?

I didn't have dinner there. I ate at the hotel, a big mistake, one which I seem to make more frequently than I should. I guess laziness had a lot to do with that.

I did enjoy a few imported beers, Stella Artois to start, then the British stuff like Tetleys and onto a Bud and a Miller. Then I remembered reading something in this web site about this rare luxurious beer called Vintage Beer. Yeah, they had it and we ordered a couple to share. Wow! this stuff is another story altogether. It is not just the alcohol strength which you don't really taste but you know it is there. It is the body, the richness of the flavors. No beer that I have had leaves such a long lingering taste in the month. The bar-tender, Ernest, told us not to drink it too cold. "We serve it to the connoisseurs at white-wine temperature" said Ernest. that would mean about 10-12C. Indeed the flavors and aromas really came out at that temperature.

We couldn't leave without sampling a true English Fish and Chips even though none of us was hungry to food yet. We ordered one and shared. It was different than the stuff in Manila. I think this is the right way to do fish and chips. It also went very well with the Vintage beers.

I think the London Pub is the kind of place I would hang out every night if I were staying in Clark or even Angeles.
Vintage beers, a class on its own
JonathanKeys Jonathan…
Traditional English styled Pub inside Clark Philippines Sep 09, 2009
The London Pub and Wine Bar is located in Mimosa Clark Philippines. This English bar serves up authentic British gastropub food, a good variety of English and other imported beers, an eclectic selection of wine by the glass and Cuban cigars.

The London Pub is an authentic English styled pub, a cozy place for foreigners and locals to hang out, enjoy good beers, wines, liquor and cocktail and order up some authentic British pub food. Quality of food is well above "bar chow" levels and the menu contains both familiar fares and exquisite gourmet dishes involving imported ingredients.

An eclectic selection of wine by the glass is available at the London Pub, something like this:

2007 Merlot , High Tide Isla Negra, Central Valley Chile php280

Braised Duck & Potato Broth with Lentils 115

Potato & Leek Soup with Croutons 120

Grilled Chicken Breast with Horitiki Salad and New Potato 220

East end Braised Beef & Bacon Herb Dumplings 250

Roasted Chicken Breast Stuffed with Sausage & Mushroom Served on Hash Brown Potato with Buttered Green Peas 220

Pork & Potato Goulash

with Chick Pea’s & Sautéed Red Cabbage & Raisins 210

Selection of Piadinas 230

Greek Flat Bread Pizza With Various Toppings

Peppered Beef & Eggplant Paella with Fried egg & Asparagus 190

Chocolate Cake with Fudge Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream 150

Lemon Meringue Pie with Poached Fruits 140

Variety of beers include Tetleys, Guinness, Boddington, Murphy's Irish, Budweisser, Millers, Samuelson, Heineken, Lowenbrau, Tsingtao Premier etc. and the famous Vintage Beers availalble too.
This pub is like a gathering place…
Serene looking on the outside but …
Seriously delicious pub food, pric…
surprisingly good selection of vin…
johnmichael8 says:
Happy hours starting at 4pm is very convenient for me. Sometimes the air con is not quite sufficient because the place is packed. Maybe it is because of the really hot summer weather this year. The wine selection is good. This is a family restaurant, the best in Clark Philippines. I prefer this bar over those in Angeles City. This one is clean, upscale and has taste, much better than the one in Holiday Inn or the other hotels. My family feels very comfortable in The London Pub.

kennysmith8 says:
I think this is the best bar in Clark Philippines, much better than the one inside the Holiday Inn. This one has class and ambience and the prices are reasonable. The food is much better than the bar in hotels, by a big margin. The London Pub lives up to its name and claims. It really feels like an English pub. The list of imported beers help also.
jacksonlang8 says:
The Fish and Chips is excellent. The service is a little slow. I recommend sitting on the porch in the evening to enjoy the the peace and tranquility of Clark over a glass of wine. Talking about wine, I suggest you order the Spanish red wine, Tempranillo, very pleasant, not too heavy but very easy to drink, goes well with the food there also
lescar lescar
Remarkably English, certainly worth a trip Sep 15, 2009
It was raining cats and dogs outside. That's why I stopped by to sit out the storm before continuing on to Subic my final destination for the day.

The Pub was exactly what it was - a pub, a real one finally. Prices of local beers were a bit steep but not as bad as hotel prices.

Food service was a bit slow but when the burger and the fish and chips arrived, they were worth the wait.

I did try the Vintage beer, a 2005 La Fin de Mon (can't really trust my spelling, the thing was like 10% alcohol). It went very well with the Burger, too heavy for the F&C. A glass of the 2000 chablis was much more suited.

I was there at 3pm, and the place was sleepy. By 6pm, there were more people but it wasn't packed so it was quite comfortable. Almost all the guests were foreigners.

It is worth a visit. If I stay at the Holiday Inn nearby, I would certainly walk over here to spend the night instead of hanging out in the hotel bar paying hotel prices.
mostly foreigners that day I was t…
Respectable selection of imported …
Clark Map