The Loft Hostel Budapest

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

The Loft Hostel Budapest Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Amazing hostel with a great social atmosphere Feb 09, 2013
I stayed at the Loft Hostel in Budapest for four nights in February 2013 based on a friend's recommendation (I have since passed on the torch to someone else who loved it equally as much) & it is easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Located a short walk from the Danube river on the 'Pest' side & near the white bridge, the Loft lies quietly on the top floor of a block of apartments (hence the name)! There's a lift to the third floor for those with heavy bags (the Loft is on the fourth).

I was greeted so warmly by Emelie (who has sadly recently left to go travelling) & Ferci. Emelie sat me down with a cup of tea & rather than going straight to the nitty gritty passport/money details she went over a map of Budapest with me, showing me the best spots to visit & good places to go eating & drinking! I was so thrilled with this kind of service & it felt much more personable than the typical hostel check-in.

The hostel is incredibly laid back & honestly feels more like you are crashing at a friend's pad or in student digs. It is a very homely place & when I stayed there I felt like I was part of a family with the other guests. It had a very unique vibe. On the first evening a few of us went out with Emelie for drinks & we drank together in the kitchen throughout the week.

It was clean by Western standards, a little cluttered, but I liked that about it. I saw the staff cleaning & refurbishing the kitchen so it does get done! There were a few dorm rooms & a couple of shared bathrooms. I like the low beams in the attic-like bedrooms, very cosy. I stayed in an 8/10-bed dorm for just 4,000 forint a night (€13/14 at the time). I didn't get a good sleep in my bunk on the first night so I just swapped to a more comfortable bottom bunk the next day!

There is a large communal area with comfortable beanbags & cushions, a TV with lots of DVDs to chose from, books to read, & a computer free to use. Free tea & coffee is also provided in the kitchen although breakfast is not. Lockers are available to use in the dorm rooms & the building is very safe & secure. You can also purchase tickets for the spas through the hostel, & I would recommend Szechenyi (see my blog link below for more details).

I really can't emphasise enough about how much I loved this hostel. I had some great times here & it is the perfect place to stay to round off an amazing trip to Budapest (which also happened to be my favourite city in Europe of my entire trip).
The Loft Hostel, Budapest
Lounge area in the Loft Hostel, Bu…
Lounge area in the Loft Hostel, Bu…
SpikeyAidan says:
Budapest was also my favourite city in Europe. Such a charming, self-assured city which has just enough of everything! =)
Posted on: May 22, 2014
dharpley dharpley
The Loft is great! Feb 24, 2010
The staff at this hostel are outstanding, very talkative and we had a pleasant chat with them when we arrived. They also offered good advice about what to do around the local area and city

The hostel is at the very top of an apartment building on the Pest side of the Danube. It's nice on the inside and I just love the feel of staying in a loft with the steep ceilings.

I had a great time at the Loft Hostel, I highly recommended it if you're going to Budapest!
moni603 moni603
Relaxing and great people! Jun 06, 2009
I had such a great time staying here! Tom and Ferci are the best at helping you with anything you need. You can tell that they love to travel too and it shows in the atmosphere at The Loft. The other travellers I met here were great to hang out and explore with. It's located really close to the central market which is great for breakfast.

Check Budapest Hotel Deals