The Lock-up

Ueno, Ueno, Japan

The Lock-up Ueno Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
Quirky Prison Style Restaurant Aug 16, 2014
The lock-up Restaurant is one of Japan's quirky places to eat. Set up as a prison style restaurant you'll be greeted by a policewoman who will immediately arrest you. My crime was getting drunk the night before :/

From there you are taken to a cell and locked up. After a short time you are bought a menu by one of the inmates. When you receive the menu you'll see words like 'warning' 'roulette' and 'beware'. The food and drink are all very nice. The 'roulette' means that whatever you order, one or more of the food choice will be super hot!..and I mean, hot!

Not long after you receive the food, the lights will go and you'll be hit with strobe lighting, hear screaming from other cells and be confronted by werewolves, zombies and a few ghosts! It's all good fun, I'd like to say I was tough and didn't jump but that damn werewolf did catch me unaware and I did slightly jump ;)

The prices are quite expensive but I look at it like your paying for the experience too so it's not so bad.

I was disappointed that I wasn't allowed to take photos with the policewoman and the female inmate as they were both very beautiful! I was told that management doesn't allow them to take photo's with customers, so it's not their fault.

In all I'd recommend visiting the Lock-up bar. They have a chain of stores all throughout Japan so there is always one close to hand. Its fun whether your in a small or large group.
bensonryan says:
I know where I'm going this weekend!
Posted on: Aug 30, 2014
haidgirl says:
wow! what a place!! congrats on your feature!! : D
Posted on: Aug 29, 2014
jumpingnorman says:
too bad no pics of the policewomen, haha...interesting restaurant :)
Posted on: Aug 29, 2014
pammy_robertson pammy_ro…
crazy dinner Dec 11, 2014
This place was so bizarre, on my Tokyo to do list was a themed restaurant so a friend took me here, she only told me it was prison themed so I had no idea what to expect.

We entered this normal building, down the stairs and then everything was dark, there was decorations like manaequins dressed like prisoners, strange noises and flashing lights. The girl dressed like a slutty cop handcuffed me and took us to our table, as she shouted something in japanese, no idea what. my guess something about fresh meat. our table was sort of like a cage. We ordered a mixture of food to share and some cocktails, all laboratory/horror themed.

Beware unless you can read japanese that the takoyaki was actually a russian roulette but we didn't realise this, 1st one i had was very nice, friend had one then i had another and my mouth was on fire.... full of chillies...The food I thought was good, but cheap japanese items.

Then as I was casually enjoying my beaker of blue cocktail an alarm went off, lights off, big red flashing light and some warning in japanese that I didnt understand. Then lots of guys come running around dressed like maniacs and monsters pretending to kill one another and rattling our cage to scare us. Whilst the slutty cops chased after them with toy guns, pretending to shoot them. hahaha it was hysterical but made me nervous, I couldn't wait for the lights to go back on. haha I wanted to leave before the craziness began again. it was an experience thats for sure, the japanese sure love their roleplay. If you are looking for something quirky then I'd recommend it.

Check Ueno Hotel Deals