The Living Roof Hostel

The Living Roof Hostel - Entrance
The Living Roof Hostel - Shared bathroom
The Living Roof Hostel - Kitchen
The Living Roof Hostel - Reception/breakfast area
The Living Roof Hostel - Terrace (someone is actually sleeping here)
The Living Roof Hostel - 8-bed dorm

Check Sevilla Hotel Deals

The Living Roof Hostel Sevilla Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Cheap accommodation in perfect location Mar 19, 2013
Second stop during my road trip. Luckily, this hostel was very easy to find as it is situated off the main road in the quiet location and still only 2 minutes walking distance from the historic part of the city.

Although I had no problems finding the hostel, I encountered some unexpected problems with parking... The hostel publishes that 'Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and charges are applicable' which is true. Nonetheless, what they do not mention is that that parking facility is only available during certain hours and only for max of 2 hours at the time... Not perfect solution if you are planning to go out for the whole day. What I found a bit frustrating about the entire issue, was the fact that the reception staff could not guide me to an alternative parking facility allowing me to park continuously for the next 24 hours. I had to ask locals in the street to help me find parking, which I did in the end. I ended up parking in the underground car park within reasonable walking distance from the hostel, for the total of €15 for 24-hour stay.

After parking my car, I went back to the hostel, got checked in, shown the facilities and taken to my room.

I stayed in 8-bed dorm with 4 bunk beds and personal lockers. The bed was comfortable with bed linen provided.

At the end on the corridor (first floor) was a very modern kitchen with all necessities at hand if one needed to prepare their own meal.

Breakfast area was located next to the reception on the ground floor and the breakfast included all the basic food selection, tea/coffee.

I was a little disappointed with toilet/bathroom facilities which were located on second floor and had only one toilet, 3 shower units and 2 washbasins. It wasn't long till I had to queue to use some of those facilities. I know the hostel has some rooms with private bathrooms, and to be honest, next time I'd book one of those to avoid queuing.

Free wi-fi worked without any trouble in all the areas.

Additionally, the hostel had roof terrace which they use sometimes as sleeping area for guests. Brilliant idea in summer time, I must admit :)

Although I had some concerns about the hostel (parking, bathroom), I would still be willing to make recommendation to stay there (in one of the rooms with private bathrooms and making sure you know where to park prior to arrival if you drive) cause it is a nice place with great location for the city excursions, and reasonably priced (total paid including breakfast €10).
Entrance
Reception/breakfast area
8-bed dorm
Kitchen
bruno2006 says:
thanks for the review. hope all goes well and be safe!
Posted on: May 22, 2013