The Lion King

New York, New York

The Lion King New York Reviews

janiexscott janiexsc…
AMAZING Jul 23, 2010
Truly an amazing show! Any age would enjoy this!(Especially if you have seen the animated disney version) Truly talented people with amazing voices! The props were unbelievable!!LOVED IT!!!
mewzak mewzak
An Amazing Broadway show! Mar 22, 2008
The Lion King is one of the most astounding broadway shows I've ever seen! I loved the movie, and have always wanted to see it on Broadway. When I finally got tickets (I bought my family tickets for Christmas), I was completely blown away! Everyone loved the show - the costumes were brilliant, the animals were magical, and the actors were fabulous. My entire family was captivated by the show, and two years later my mom still talks about how it was one of the best shows she's ever seen on Broadway. This is definitely a MUST-SEE show on Broadway! If you have to choose just one show, make sure you see this one!

Warning... Show Spoiler, if you haven't seen it yet, don't read on!

I was truly fascinated by all of the animals and how they were put together. One of my favorite ones were the jumping gazelles, when the actors were wheeling the carts around on stage and they also had animals attached to their arms. The giraffes were also terrific, how they created them to be so tall and move so 'naturally'. Being a theater person myself, I was probably the most impressed with the revolving floor. When the stairs would rise up out of the floor, and Simba would walk up the stairs, he didn't have to stop - the stairs just kept rising and he would stop at a specific spot for a short period of time as the center of the floor turned and raised him up at the same time, then when he was downstage of the stairs he would continue to walk up. The effect was incredible! It truly looked like he was walking all that time, and the timing with the music worked.

I've always loved the Lion King movie, and ran out to buy the soundtrack to the show when it first came out. A friend of mine (who is also a Lion King fan) and I would break out into song and dance at work on slow days, singing "He lives in You", "Hakuna Matata", and "Can you feel the love tonight". You leave the theater with the songs stuck in your head, and the visions and memories of the show remain with you for years to come.

Check New York Hotel Deals