The Library

(412) 381-0517

The Library Pittsburgh Reviews

froggoddess froggodd…
Amazing food with a great twist Mar 29, 2008
The Library is located right across from the *real* library in the Southside, and plays on the library stereotype with menus are pasted in discarded books and the drink lists are in children's encyclopedias. Almost all the foods have cutesy, literary refenced names, like the Edgar Allan Potatoes. I got the lamb chops, and while I don't remember a cute name, I remember the flavor. Wow! Fantastic! Crispy, juicy, tender, flavorful. I also sampled the Two Towers surf & turf, the Billy Goats Gruff stuffed peppers, and had a phenomenally rich chocolate torte whose name also escapes me. Everyone else at the table, who got seafood, sandwiches, and other things, also exclaimed about the quality. I don't know what it's like when the bar area gets crowded, but for dinner it is highly recommended, and they have a pretty good beer selection. (which I know because I hang out with beer drinkers; I'm woefully inadequate at judging that myself.) Bonus: its just a few doors down from the best bar in the 'burgh, the Lava Lounge.
pinchora says:
this place sounds so cool... I shared the information with my friends in PGH... thanx for sharing it!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2008