The Last Resort. Bunjee Jumping

The Last Resort. Bunjee Jumping Reviews

aquaholicme2 aquaholi…
Bunjee Jumping and other Adventure sports in The Last Resort Sep 23, 2011
I was looking for Bunjee jumping and River rafting sites in Nepal. After my short visit to Uzbekistan, I took a side trip to Nepal and visited The Last Resort on the Nepal Tibet border which has a very good setup of adventure sports. I wanted to experience this first hand, after hearing about it from quite a few travelers. They have Bunjee jump, swing jump, canoeing, rafting and trekking among other adventure sports in an amazing environment. The staff are locals and trained by professionals and overlooked by a professional guide who takes care of all the minute details of each of the activities.

All the activities are available throughout the year and at various prices, the details of which are available on there site.

I went for the Bunjee jump which costs 6000 Nepali Rupees (just around US$ 90) and it includes:

- 1 Bunjee Jump

- transport to the resort from Kathmandu, via mini bus, takes around 3 to 3.5 hrs.

- Buffet lunch at the resort

If you are not sure of the jump then there is an option to pay 1300 Nepali rupees and visit the place just to see (includes transport and lunch). If you like it, then can pay another 5000 Nepali rupees at the resort to go for the jump.

It has a cool setup, the longest Canyon Bunjee jump in the World. Attaching photos (and if possible video) of my jump for now. This is place is nestled among the mountains and have to cross a bridge on a river to reach the resort. The Bunjee jump setup is on this bridge which is built over a deep river gorge.

And it does feel scary at first, believe me, looking down into the canyon with the river gushing.

Once reaching the resort, the organizers provides all the necessary instructions, safety measures details and he is quite a funny guy. They register the guests for the respective activities, weigh each of them and tag them accordingly. The schedule is announced and the organizers start preparing for the activities.

My number was in the 2nd batch of approx 18 member, was 3rd in the group for the jump as they arrange from heaviest to lightest. There is a video grapher who takes your "interview" before the jump, so if you want to say something to anyone, for e.g. your mom, girlfriend/boyfriend or anything, this is the time. He takes your video with the scared expressions and then of your jump. You can buy the video and photos with a T-shirt all for a price of 2000 Nepali rupees.

When my turn came, my heart was beating really loud, I was thinking, what the hell I am doing here, and what gave me this bright idea to jump from a bridge with rope tied to my legs. Got control over my mind and started thinking about how I would feel once the jump is completed, the success, the memories. You really need to switch off the mind before the jump, look up towards the mountains and then can enjoy the free fall before the bunjee cord pulls you up and then you fall again. I screamed my vocal cords out all the way. The river below with water gushing and stones just keep getting closer and closer, and that too extremely fast and before you know, the bunjee cord tightens and pulls you up before you start falling down again. After that you are left hanging upside down till you stop moving, and then lowered down to the river where you are passed a bamboo to hold on too while the staff pulls you to the river side. The staff then slowly unties the ropes and let you sink in the after thoughts of the jump.

I do not have any more words to describe the feeling during the jump, need to try this and I will go back again.

But the tough part after the jump is to climb up 160 meters via stairs to go back to the resort. :-) It takes almost 30 min of tough climb over stone stairs. That might be one reason people think that 1 jump at a time is enough, as have to climb back up again.
Stigen says: