The Lalit, Canacona, Goa

Kankon, India

Compare Pololem Hotel Rates (<1km away)

The Lalit, Canacona, Goa Kankon Reviews

rosspaulrobinson rosspaul…
Dec 24, 2008
This hotel is absolutly gorgeous, lovely grounds, lovely building and luxurous rooms. As a caveat to this I am not used to posh hotels so for those that are temper my opponions with this knowledge.

The rooms are very spacious and the furniture does not look like hotel furniture its heavy and solid looking as if it was bought because it is quality and will stand the test of time as opposed to the current fashion. I had a garden room which means you get pation doors that lead onto some grass.

The hotel has its own golf course and beach and off course a pool and all sorts of other bits of luxuary that I did not investigate.

The resort is in no way pompous, I skulked around in flip flops looking scruffy most of the time and cut up the golf course somewhat since I am a complete beginner. A passing member of the golf centre was happy to spend ten minutes with me advising me on good swing, and what not. Nice. At no time did I feel uncomfortable.

The hotel is only a half hour walk from the public and funky beaches full of beach huts and restaurants.

I found two drawbacks to the hotel. Firstly the internet connection was woefull, esentially pointless. Secondly, despite a plethora of staff none of them have a sense of urgency. The few times I went to the front desk to ask something I could be ignored by 15 staff doing what can be best described as potering about.

Compare Pololem Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Kankon Map