The LINQ Hotel & Casino

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals

The LINQ Hotel & Casino Las Vegas Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
LINQ Disdain Dec 02, 2015
I can't believe I am writing a review for a place in Las Vegas! But I feel I should say something!

I've had to go to this crazy city not by choice, but to a conference. I hope I never have to come back....or at least not until they clean up their act!

Where to start?

I checked in on a Friday night to the LINQ. The recommended shuttle (BELL) took about an hour to get there. There's traffic everywhere - I get it. We'll let this one slide! But Bell did win my loyalty points back, though. In an attempt to drop me off sooner, they pulled in where they were not supposed to, got yelled at by the hotel staff, and then had to come back to return my cell phone that fell while I was pulling the "illegal dismount" from a moving vehicle.

Next, walking into the lobby of the LINQ you are immediately accosted by the smells. If you like the Nordstrom manufactured perfume, then this is NOT it. The smell of the LINQ is a heavy brew of every possible tobacco and Vape product that exists. If that floats your boat -- be their guest, but for me? I wanted immediately out of this smog. Unfortunately I had a 5 day reservation, no more, no less.

The check in was relatively painless, and the greeter was very kind enough to return my totally dead phone to me from off the shuttle. I walked up to my room and after hanging up my clothing was about to jump in the shower when someone walked into my room without knocking. Yes, you read that correctly. I didn't give the key to anyone for a "bonus visit". I leapt into bed for cover so I didn't see the rest of the man that walked out into the hallway. Great! this feels really safe. I called the front desk and thankfully, they were able to re-locate me to another room. I will spare you the gory details, but after summoning security and carting the whole contents of my closet to the room three blocks down, I collapsed and fell asleep, not having gotten any NEW keys to my room because when I walked down to retrieve them they needed my passport. Ok, this made me feel somewhat more safe.

Next few days passed with me running to the convention center using the employee entrance and exit to try to avoid the assault on my lungs and ears. I think the degree of heavy metal music in the lobby directly corresponded with the number of people mingling. There were MANY people in the lobby casino trying to have conversations, so I think with the smoke and the loud beat.. they were both deaf and mute by the time our stay was done.

I really have nothing positive to say about the LINQ with the exception that on the last day, when I had about 5 hours to kill before my shuttle picked me up again, and I asked the bellhop where I could go to have it "dark and quiet". He instructed me to go to the third floor and away from the theatre, and there, for the first time in my stay, I found nirvana. No smoke and no loud beats. Thank goodness!

Next time, if I ever have to come to Las Vegas, I am staying at the Trump. I hear that is the only place without a casino! Smart move even if it was a mistake.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals