The Kupcake Factory Gourmet Cupcakes

The Kupcake Factory Gourmet Cupcakes - Kupcake Factory, Kenner

The Kupcake Factory Gourmet Cupcakes Kenner Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
'Best in the City' Oct 13, 2013
Going to New Orleans, I googled cupcakes to see what I could find. Kupcake Factory came up supposedly the best in the city. There are severeal locations, and I figured one would surely be in proximity of where I would be. The Kenner location was only a couple miles from the hotel, and the fact that it was open til 10 PM was an added benefit.

At 819 Esplanade, this location is in a stripmall, nothing special about it. And, I will say, the service could use some help. There was a young 20-something boy behind the counter, playing on his phone, and he certainly did not go out of his way to make us feel welcome or offer any suggestions about the cupcakes. Plus, it was late in the day, so the selections were picked over. (I'm not disagreeing with this, just making an observation. I appreciate the commitment to fresh-baked cupcakes). I opted between two: the chocolate or the lemon. Chocolate is my standard selection, and being that there was only one left, it was meant to be mine.

We got cupcakes to go, and I was a little surprised by the styrofoam box the cupcakes were put in -- no fancy, frilly box here! I was a little concerned the cupcakes wouldn't survive the trip back to the hotel, but the only damage suffered was the icing smushed a bit.

The cupcake was good. The cake was light and airy, and the icing was creamy and delicate, with a whipped consistency -- which I happen to like. I can see why Kupcake Factory has high praise in NOLA.
Kupcake Factory, Kenner