The Korcula Backpacker - Onelove

Check Korcula Hotel Deals

The Korcula Backpacker - Onelove Reviews

TheTravelApprentice TheTrave…
Good times at a Party Hostel May 04, 2011
I stayed here by accident thinking I was in Dubrovnik but that’s another story for another day!

The One Love hostel is great! This is a seasonal hostel so check before you arrive.

The location is perfect just like everything else here because the town is so small it’s impossible to be far from anything.

The Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were okay.

The best part is the bar downstairs and the owner like to party so he sets the whole thing up. The word got out that everyone was going to watch “Anchorman” and then he’d open the bar. We watched and then we partied for a perfectly planned evening! Lots of fun and I met a bunch of cool people.

Also, the bar is great but if you're not partying i doubt you'll get much sleep with the music blasting but the party only went so late and then some went down the street to a nightclub.

One problem, and this story is relevent. A girl coming back from a local bar with some others decided to play a prank and put a pad-lock on the door. She locked her friends outside, realised there wasn’t a key, had a panic attack and woke up half the hostel.

An Irishman named Brian and I had to figure out what to do because the owner doesn’t sleep here and there aren’t any employees around. The owner is the employee from what I gather and we had no idea where he was or how to contact him.

The door had to be busted in at 4am and woke up the other half of the hostel. We realized this door was the only exit and would have been in trouble if for some reason the door was locked and we needed to get out.

Most of us left here an hour later to catch a bus to Dubrovnik so we never got a response from the owner but I’m sure he heard all about it and hopefully a solution has been achieved such as a locking deadbolt.
See the lower right where the dott…
My only picture taken inside the d…

Check Korcula Hotel Deals