The Kingfisher

01772 672174

The Kingfisher Preston Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Nice Pub, Disgusting Food Aug 26, 2015
We'd seen this pub on the way to the Camping site for our glamping adventure, so we were pleased that we did not have to drag a four year old too far to eat.

On arrival the building seemed quite pleasant, though a little quiet (I now know why.) The menu was typical pub food and at a reasonable price so we decided to eat here. There was also a small child's outdoor play area with a climbing frame,combined slide etc. Always handy to keep the small people occupied whilst waiting for food.

We ordered two piri piri chicken burgers with fries and for Ayva we ordered the child's pasta in tomato sauce with garlic bread, together with two large diet cokes and a glass of lemonade. The bill came to around £20 for the three of us.

We had around a 20 minute wait for the food - so the play area came in handy at this point.

When the food did arrive I have to say that the portions were a little on the small side, and the chicken breast in the burger was practically cremated, with no sign of any piri piri flavour what so ever, thankful at this point for the ketchup and mayonnaise sachets to disguise the burnt flavour (I know we could have sent it back, but we were starving and didn't want to wait another 20 minutes with a restless four year old) the fries were nice though. Ayva tucked into her pasta, but after three mouthfuls she said that she did not want anymore - this child eats anything so we asked what was wrong with it - she said that there was no taste in it. Needless to say we had a forkful each, and to be honest I have never tasted anything so disgusting in my life. The pasta sauce seemed to have been watered down, so much so, that there was no taste what so ever in it, it was just coloured water over pasta in my opinion. It hacks me off to think places can get a way with serving inferior quality food on children's menus, purely because children are the ones eating it - the garlic bread that had been served was also cold, though Ayva did eat one piece - we both ended up giving her half of our chips each as you could not possibly force the child into eating the pasta.

Wouldn't recommend and would definitely not return.
Burger & Fries
Ils1976 says:
belated congrats on the feature but sad to hear that the experience was that bad!
Posted on: Oct 06, 2015
rsvpme says:
Congrats on the feature......
Posted on: Sep 30, 2015
walterman9999 says:
congrats on your featured review. My few featured reviews were very negative about the vendor.
Posted on: Sep 30, 2015