The Khukuri

www.thekhukuri.co.uk - 0131 228 2085

The Khukuri Edinburgh Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Nepalese Restaurant in Edinburgh Sep 22, 2012
This restaurant is located near Haymarket Station in Edinburgh, a bit off the beaten tourist path, but worth a journey to sample the food here. I came here for dinner on my first night in Edinburgh with a friend of mine and his wife, who are both originally from India. They were able to converse with the staff in native language quite easily since they are originally from a region in India quite close to Nepal. This made for quite a pleasant interaction for my friends, but I was impressed that the staff also engaged me in English too now and again so I was part of the conversation.

The social amenities aside, the main reason for coming to a restaurant like this is to sample something of the cuisine of Nepal. If you like Indian food, then this Nepalese restaurant is quite similar. A large selection of fish & meat dishes with sauces spiced to your preference. They do an excellent job in that regard and each one that we ordered had its own unique flavor. A selection of vegetarian can also be found on the menu. The bread is very good & a variety of Asian beer brands are available too.

The restaurant has a pleasant enough decor, the staff extremely polite, conversational and attentive. The price was very reasonable and they offer takeout as well, convenient if staying at a hotel in the area. I must admit I am no Connoisseur of Indian or Nepalese food, but I know bad from good and this was good. My Indian friends really liked it, and I think that probably speaks volumes more than my opinion. Give the Khukuri a try when in Edinburgh, and I can recommend it as a good dining experience eating in and take out. Tell Dharma that Upendra, Sangita & Brian sent you...
Khukuri street side sign
Khukuri restaurant outside I
Khukuri restaurant outside II
Khukuri menu
Vikram says:
LOL! Vance
Posted on: Dec 08, 2012
spocklogic says:
Not only that but they didn't even try to sell us a set of cookery, though Upendra & Sangita might have liked that in shopping ways to complete the day!
Posted on: Dec 08, 2012
almond72 says:
So, no free khukri stuck into you after the meal ?
aaaaw, what a let down ! :P