The Kathmandu

Salt Lake City, Utah

The Kathmandu Salt Lake City Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
A Small Escape to Asia Nov 15, 2014
Walking through the door of this beautiful restaurant, I took a step back to Kathmandu. I really appreciated the welcoming nature of the staff, and my friend and I came here to celebrate our first meeting in Nepal two months ago. I had just returned from Kathmandu a week ago, and needless to say I had missed the hospitality, smiles, language and food. If you are looking for an authentic Nepali restaurant, this is IT! I am so impressed with the staff, and the food preparation. Even though the ingredients you find in the US are different, they did a good job to as closely as possible replicate the foods you would find in the real Kathmandu.

It was so much fun to speak Nepali with the staff as I really do not want to forget the language.

There are a couple of large TV screens in the dining area and these showed photos of some of the sites I visited while living in Nepal the last two months -- so those were much appreciated.

Inside the restaurant they also have a small gift shop, which I didn't get a chance to explore, but if you are looking for authentic Nepali gifts, you can also find them here.

Overall, I am very happy to know that SLC has such a great, authentic restaurant with such kind staff!

Check Salt Lake City Hotel Deals