The Jolly Frog

Check Kanchanaburi Hotel Deals

The Jolly Frog Kanchanaburi Reviews

shylla shylla
Peaceful grounds with the best food! Oct 24, 2011
I always stay at Jolly Frog Backpacker's Guesthouse along Mae Nam Kwai Road (the Khaosan of Kanchanaburi) It's one of the cheapest guesthouse in the area with a good location, good food restaurant (with free wifi) and a relaxing, peaceful courtyard with hammocks.

The room for the price is just okay, very large and basic. It is not so clean but the bed and towels are clean, so it's ok too. It's quiet at night coz it is still few steps away from the main road where the happenings at night are going on.

The restaurat is known to be the best and it is! Food is always served newly cooked with entertainment at night. The house singer is a Filipina named Maya and she is very friendly to all the guests, especially to me when she found out i'm her kabayan (fellow filipino) and alone, it's always entertaining to watch and hear her sing with her guitar, so you should not miss it when you are in Kanchanaburi :)
ganesa ganesa
Cheap and dirty, sleep and go. Jun 28, 2011
The rooms are nothing special, but you need it actually only for sleeping... The garden is nice with a beautiful view on the river with shade. Nice for hanging out or book reading. The food at the restaurant was good and cheap. And the staff was full of character. A return would be acceptable to relive the experience.
trevinho trevinho
cheap as chips on the river kwaii Mar 11, 2011
Great backpackers on the river kwai. very cheap with some nice floating rooms on the river. food is acceptable while not great. usually very friendly staff and guests.

Related Travel Blogs About The Jolly Frog

The Frogs are Jolly in Kanchanaburi
Sawasdee Ka folks! A serious amount of travel later, here I am in the lovely Kanchanaburi. I got the overnight train to Ayutthaya, where I arrived at about 6am. I waited until a more decent hour an…Kanchanaburi, home to the bridge over the river Kwai and surrounded by national parks full of waterfalls. Bliss. So two local buses (on which I was the only tourist…
peace out Bangkok!
We were SO ready to leave Bangkok. I mean, it's a wonderful city in terms of sites is has to offer, but it's so crowded and hot and dirty- you can only take so much of it at a time! We took a taxi to…Kanchanaburi, we tried to figure out how to make it to the Jolly Frog hostel (a place we had seen…

Check Kanchanaburi Hotel Deals