The John Logie Baird

01424 448110

The John Logie Baird Hastings Reviews

goezi goezi
Weatherspoons again Apr 20, 2009
This is a big pub, more like a NZ working man’s club than a pub. The whole feel is broad and slick with several areas spread about the place where people can do different things like watch sport on strategicly placed screens, sup with friends, or dine at raised tables.

There seemed to be two entrances to the bar as well, one from each end opening out to different streets. The bar stretching along one side of the room between the doors, the raised area with the tables, opposite.

I looked around for the gaming machines and the card tables, the place felt like a casino lounge.

This is the second Weatherspoons establishment we visited and it wasn’t until I had come into this one and noticed the same menu that I realised the link with the Balcony bar at Victoria Station. Yes, it all felt more American than British.

I got the drinks in and we checked out the menu. We had decided to have a good sized meal here at lunchtime so we wouldn’t have to find another meal in the evening.

I chose the nachos but I chose badly. They were dry and stuck together with cheese. I picked out the chips with tomato sauces on them and simply wrestled with the clump under the cheese. Ma had done better with her selection but a couple of hours later I was looking for the meal we’d hoped to skip.
Entrance off Havelock Rd