The Jigger Inn

Old Course Hotel, Saint Andrews, United Kingdom

The Jigger Inn Saint Andrews Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A must do when in St. Andrews May 29, 2011
One of the “must do’s” when you are in Saint Andrews is to visit The Jigger In, which is the former St Andrews stationmaster's house is within putting distance of the 17th hole - the most famous hole on the most famous golf course on the planet.

It dates back to the 1850s and it is a free standing house, owned by the five-star Old Course Hotel next door. This is a place where the caddies have a lager after a day on the links with their customers.

The house is quite cozy with open fires that warm the granite walls and small green wooden bar. We were pretty tired after having played the Jubilee course in some of the worst wind I ever have played golf in; my golf kart tilted by the wind more than 15 times and I almost blew away on the 9th hole.

We were lucky to get a booth just around the corner of both the entrance and the bar. Well inside it is nice to see that the golfing theme is kept to a minimum because it is a beautiful place and I think that the interior at the Pilmour Hotel Bar is too much with their golf pictures everywhere.

I was in the mood for a light beer and settled with an Italian Peroni; they served food and most of the guests went for the burger with chips – even though my eyes were hungry I settled with beer.
The Jigger Inn
Inside The Jigger Inn

Compare St Andrews Hotel Rates (1km away)

The Jigger Inn Map