The Jerusalem Hostel

Check Jerusalem Hotel Deals

The Jerusalem Hostel Reviews

blaaa blaaa
A perfect location Sep 03, 2011
The key feature of this hostel is its location - really. Located on the intersection of Jaffa and Ben Yehuda, The Jerusalem Hostel leaves you just a short distance from all the main shops/restaurants up Ben Yehuda, the bustling market up at the top of Yaffo (turn right when leaving the hostel), and Jerusalem's main attraction- the Kotel / the Western Wall (left out of hostel). Whilst you can easily find other hostels at all of these locations, none rival the Jerusalem Hostel's accessibilty to this beautiful city.

Its dorm rooms are not as spectacular as its location. However, each room has its own bathroom, which is handy when you're in your room and nature calls, but frustrating when it is already occupied by another roommate. The beds are quite thin and an uncomfortable, but that's to be expected, as at 80 shekels ($24) a night this place is quite cheap all things considered. Its clientele consists of an older crowd, with a lot of 40+ travellers coming through its doors, but that won't stop you from meeting some fellow backpackers on its spacious rooftop lounge, which possesses a spectacular view of Jerusalem.

Its staff are very helpful and relaxed, albeit sometimes too relaxed. When we arrived we were told to pay later ('no rush), which was refreshing, but this later lead to issues with other staff as to why we hadn't paid when arrived. There are no safes available to hire but if you ask the stuff they'll put your belonging in their own. Another nice feature of this hostel is that it has two computers in its lobby that are free for all those staying to use.

All in all, The Jerusalem Hostel is the perfect location to stay whilst in one of the world's holiest cities, regardless of its few flaws.
One of its hallways.
A dorm-room.
HIP2BSQRE HIP2BSQRE
Nice place Mar 04, 2011
Nice hostel in the heart of the city. It is very easy to walk to the Old city. There are malls nearby and plenty of places to food. The arab part of the city tends to have things cheaper than this part of the city but it is a 10 minute walk. There is a bus stop nearby that can take you to the train station or all over the city. The price was right.
ecdg ecdg
The Jerusalem Hostel May 31, 2007
This hostel is located in a good area in the new part of the city. It's at walking distants to the old city of jerusalem.

It's located a road along many shops. In front of the hostel is a square where every saterday the celebrate Shabbatt with music if i remmember correctly.

It's very simple and basic but private bathroom, beds are oke, there are some computers with internet access downstairs. The service is good. There's always someone at the desk.

I would recommend this place to anyone. It's almost the cheapest way to stay at a good location in the city.

I'm going again next year.

Related Travel Blogs About The Jerusalem Hostel

Back again
Both my sister and I had the urge of going back again. So with a lot of research at home collection our savings I had planned a big trip in the 2 weeks were going to be here. We went with the bus fro…Jerusalem Hostel on the Jaffa street in the New City of Jerusalem. And there is a lot of things…
layover
Just thought I'd document my pitstop in Jordan. It's also interesting to note that everyone recommends having the Israelies stamp a seperate piece of paper - as opposed to your actual passport - due…Jerusalem hostel, I got to know about 5 Brits who made it across the border... but 2 of their…
Jerusalem, first glimpse of the Old City
We had an early morning, had breakfast in the hostel and packed our stuff. It was time to go to Jerusalem, one of the highlights of my trip. We needed to take a bus to the bus station and asked at re…hostel and packed our stuff. It was time to go to Jerusalem, one of the highlights of my trip…

Check Jerusalem Hotel Deals