The Jasmine Tree

01704 530141

The Jasmine Tree Southport Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
A great little Chinese restaurant Oct 15, 2011
I love Chinese food and this is probably one of my favourite restaurants in the local area.

The restaurant is tiny so if dining on an evening I would highly recommend booking a table. However, myself and two girlfriends went here on Saturday lunchtime for a girlie catch up and did not have to pre-book.

The early bird menu offers a wide variety of choice (though obviously not the entire menu is on offer) three courses all for the reasonable sum of 8.95. However, as we were not too keen on the desserts on offer we decided to order 3 starters and 3 main courses and share them all between us.

For starters we ordered prawn toast, crispy spring rolls and won tons. For the main courses we ordered sweet and sour chicken, chicken curry and chicken with green peppers in black bean sauce. All these dishes were served with either fried rice or chips.

The service was incredibly quick and the food piping hot. The staff are wonderful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We had been seated in the window on a lovely sunny day and we were asked on numerous occasions if everything was ok, did we need the blinds closing, should they open/close the window.

The food was delicious and the whole bill for the 3 of us came to 25.00 including drinks.

I have also dined here on an evening, we normally opt for the special banquet meals as these are great value for money and the portions are not measly.

The first banquet starts off at 14.50 per head and for that you get (for 2 persons)

Chicken & Sweetcorn soup & Prawn crackers

Crispy Duck & Pancakes

Beef & Mushrooms

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Quick Fried Mix Vegetables

served with fried rice

Choice of dessert - ice cream or Lychee's

obviously more dishes are added depending on the number dining. The staff are also very accommodating when it comes to the set dishes on the banquet, if you prefer something else they will change it round for you if it is feasible.

All in all a great little restaurant, serving great food and great value for money.

Check Southport Hotel Deals