The Jack The Ripper Tour

07803 067544

The Jack The Ripper Tour London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
A tour best done in the evening Apr 27, 2015
I’ve wanted to do this tour for quite a while now so was happy to find a tour for £8. There's always offers available for Jack the Ripper tours so it's good to look online first.

Our tour guide was Stuart Cannon who i must say was brilliant. You can hear his passion for what he does. He doesn’t actually have a website to book tours with him because he gets his work from word of mouth. And i’m not surprised! He does other tours of London so hopefully this won’t be the last tour i do with him. But back to the Jack the Ripper tour.

We started off outside of Whitechapel Art Gallery which is just outside of Aldgate East tube station so easy to get to. The tour started at 7:30pm so a perfect time as you wouldn’t get the same feel if you did this tour during the day. The tour was fantastic because you got to walk around to where all these terrible things happened, and Stuart was good for taking us off the usual trail to show parts of Whitechapel that still look like they would have done back then.

I wanted to do this tour because i’ve always been interesting in Jack the Ripper so i knew quite a bit about it already but even i learned some new things on the tour. I did like how at the end of the tour we had a discussion about what really happened (all speculation of course!).

After the tour was over we had the option of going home or having a drink in a local pub with our tour guide. I of course opted for the drink! So we had a quick pint in The Woodins Shades which was a nice way to end such a great evening.

Check London Hotel Deals