The International Wildlife Museum

Tucson, Arizona

The International Wildlife Museum Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Great collection of International Wildlife exhibits Jan 24, 2010
The International Wildlife Museum is a natural history museum is located in West Gate about five miles west of the Interstate 10. I made a trip there in 2008 to take my visiting Canadian travbuddy Michael. It is a non-profit educational program of the Safari Club International Foundation. Wildlife conservation is the purpose of the foundation and it is evident that they had dedicated much into animal diversity world wide. This is also evident in the 300 plus wildlife exhibits house in the museum. It was a pleasant surprise for me as well as Michael since this was a first for both of us, having lived this long in Arizona, I did not know of it's existence until I 'Googled' information on the Sonora Desert Museum and found that it was right on the way to the desert museum, we decided to stop and see what they had to offer. The details with which the animals have been preserved is impressive. The bears look so alive and the little insects (bugs) meticulously preserved. They have an impressive collection of rare birds, goats, deer, bats, arctic animals, fish etc. An impressive 100 year old Burnham Eagle McComber collection.

What was less impressive was the many stuffed animals around the place mixed with what is actually authentic. In my opinion it is pretty unorthodox to do so, but they have successfully done it to impress many, especially the children. Unfortunately I did not have Desire with me on this day.

This is a great education place for children and adults alike, I was surprised how much I learned myself just by visiting it for an hour or so. Definitely recommended for families, children, and educational school trips.

The Museum is opened daily (Monday – Friday) from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.

Tour Fees:

*Adults: $7

*Seniors (62 and over): $5.50

*Students/Military (with ID): $5.50

*Children (4-12): $2.50

*Children (3 and under): FREE

*Groups of 10 or more get discounts with an advance reservation.

*For Groups of 10 or more, guided tours may be arranged for an additional $.50 per person.

Related Travel Blogs About The International Wildlife Museum

Sights, Sounds, Scenes and Sins of Tucson!
I have been meaning to write an independent blog on Tucson, but due to the many other obligations and work, I put it aside each time it came to mind. Things got in the way and one more . . . I h…International Wildlife Museum, Sonora Desert Museum etc. The weather in Tucson: The sunsets here do not compare to the sunsets…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals