The InnCrowd Backpackers' Hostel

The InnCrowd Backpackers' Hostel Reviews

solnyshkele solnyshk…
Avoid ground level double windowless, stinky room in Annex!!! Nov 15, 2010
My partener and I booked a double room after having spent a night in a dorm because there were no double rooms available.

Well, I tell you, after being led out of the main hostel building where all the facilities are located (internet, fridge, cooking facilites, comfortable sitting area with a TV and lounge area with big pillows) we were taken a block and a half away to their Annex building which had none of the facilities that their main building has and doesn't feel as secure as their main building. We were welcome to use the main building's facilities all we wanted, but when you're tired and it is raining outside, it is a whole other thing to have to get dressed in street clothes (as opposed to a kimono and slippers)and go out to another building just to check email.

The room we had was miniscule with absolutely no windows and it it smelled of sweaty feet!! Later I saw it was located right next to a storage closet where the cleaning personel store towels and dirty laundry.

There was a flat screen TV and video machine that did not even work, and no shelves attached to the walls to put or hang stuff! The double bed was actually attached to a single bunk on top, so three people could sleep there. The airconditioner was more like a poor ventilator..

BUT here is the most unacceptable thing yet!!! In the morning when I went upstairs to take a shower I noticed another room at the very top of the stairs that happened to be open as it was being cleaned. It was a REAL double room!! Not the "cell" room we had!! This room was almost twice as big as ours, had a skylight window!! Yes, a window with light pouring through illuminating and airing the place out, as well as a nice double bed (no bunk-double!!) with a pretty painting on the wall above the bed.

I was appauled when I found out that this other room was the same price as the dumpy room we'd stayed in. When I complained about this the staff were very curt with me.

The dorm room we'd stayed in the previous night was better than this horrible hole in the wall because it had proper ventilation, windows and it did not smell bad!!

I would request not to be put in the ground-level room next to the storage closet in the Annex building if you ever book a double room. Ask for the room at the top of the stairs with the window!! It is not fair of them to charge the same price for a windowless, stuffy, miniscule ground-level room as a larger, brighter, more airy room at the top level of the staircase!
Singapore Map