The Inn at Lambertville Station

(609) 397-4400

The Inn at Lambertville Station Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Up for Game Jan 02, 2012
Across the river from Ultra-touristy New Hope, PA is more down to earth and very pleasant Lambertville, NJ. Right by the river and the bridge, in an old train station, is the Inn at Lambertville Station. The building has been expanded and redesigned that it no longer looks strictly like a train station, but still retains the feel. The menu had some nice choices, but the specials were game. They seem to rotate their game specials throughout the season. When we went they were elk and quail. Since I had never had either, I went for the quail appetizer and elk dinner. The quail is a SMALL bird. You would need a flock to make a meal. Tasty though... like dark meat chicken. The elk was very lean and tasted like beef. I'm sure the preparation was fine, but people who know me also know that I seem to lack the taste buds to enjoy beef. I don't dislike it, I just don't get it. Completely ambivalent about the stuff. So spending a lot of money on something that tastes like beef was disappointing for me. I thought maybe it would be like venison which I love. This is not a knock against the restaurant however. My friend had the pork, which I tried and it was delicious. The restaurant had a very nice wine selection with some wines you don't always find, which I appreciated. I would like to return sometime to try other games offerings that will be featured including ostrich (yum), antelope (???), crocodile (???), and wild boar (YUMMY!).

Check Lambertville Hotel Deals