The Hungry Bookworm

Loughrea, Ireland

The Hungry Bookworm Loughrea Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Cosy cafe/tapas bar Feb 26, 2014
My friend and I had lunch here today and was pleasantly surprised by the warm, cosy atmosphere and friendly hospitality. We were brought menus as soon as we sat down, food /drink orders were taken quickly.

You can order lunch here for under 10 euro. I had Angels Falafel which came in a wrap with hummus, salad, cheese and tomato salsa. I had mine without the cheese. It was absolutely delicious. The hummas, falafel and salsa was all made fresh.

My friend had buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and bacon which look beautiful also. Both meals came out together and in very quick timing.

The cafe walls are lined with bookshelves all fully stocked with old books for sale and beautiful old antiques. It looked like a great place to go back for tapas and a few wines.

The only thing I could fault was that the staff didn't come back to check to see whether everything was ok or whether we wanted anymore drinks.

Overall excellent little establishment.
AussieMel82 says:
You wouldn't expect it but there is actually quite a few good ones in Loughrea, I just haven't spent enough time out there. Loughrea also has 13 pubs.
Posted on: Feb 26, 2014