The Hotel

Check Brussels Hotel Deals

The Hotel Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel and great location Dec 06, 2013
The last couple of times I stayed in Brussels I had stayed in pretty much the same hotel but this time I decided that I would stay in a new place. I wanted to stay close to the inner town as well as the Chatelain area where I once lived. My choice became The Hotel, witch filled out all my criteria’s. The Hotel was located at Boulevard Waterloo and it had formerly been the Hilton hotel.

I had booked the hotel a couple of weeks prior to my stay and less than a week before my arrival I got a mail from them stating that they were looking forward to my visit and that they were offer me an upgrade at half price. I looked at the offers and found them quite attractive and I went for an upgrade to their middle topline room. They would let me know about if it was possible to have the upgrade upon my arrival otherwise they would just give me the room that I had booked. It was like a lottery ticket.

I arrived around 6 pm on a Friday evening and they were quite busy in the reception but luckily the woman in front of could not find her husband. As it became my turn I was given an upgrade to a larger room with city view and located on the 22nd floor. The room had included free mini bar and what they called a walking shower together with access to the lounge located at 24th floor. There was also free Wi-Fi included.

The hotel was really fresh and had a nice feel to it. I was pretty amazed when I entered my room because it was really bright and nice. It was one of these modern rooms where they have made the bathroom as an integrated part of the room in order to make it all more airy. The interior was all in white with a fancy electrical control panel that could be handled at the entrance but also from the bed. There was a really nice king size bed in the middle of the room and a really nice white leader sofa in front of the windows that went from wall to wall. The view was magnificent even though it was dark. I had all the traffic of Boulevard Waterloo down below the windows in total silence and I was looking down at Palace de Justice.

I took a beer from the fridge and sat down in the sofa and looked out the window. I really enjoyed the view, as I never had seen Brussels from this angle before. I unpacked and went to the lounge on the 24th floor to see what they had to offer. The lounge was nice and spacious with an even more spectacular view over Brussels. In their bar they had some small dishes; not more than small appetizers but quite nice. Otherwise the bar had a long list of free drinks, like coffee, beers, and all kinds of different alcohols. I had a couple of gin tonics while enjoying the view and the people visiting. I went up there as well the following day to enjoy the view in daylight as well.

I really liked the hotel and I am sure I will return.
Window view
The Lounge
The room
The sofa
christine4321 says:
The room and lounge looks very modern. What a nice place!
spocklogic says:
The helpful/trustworthy miscount shows up sometimes, but always fixes itself eventually. The 'no' vote should probably just be eliminated as it is sort of useless.
Chokk says:
Well - it is also fair that people don't find a review helpful or trustworthy but then let people know why. I once had an elderly woman getting really really angry on me because she went to a bar I found a 4* because it was one of the only true working class bars in Mechelen - she only went for the star and not what I had written ! She was insane mad haha

Check Brussels Hotel Deals