The Himalayas Restaurant

3851 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA, USA

The Himalayas Restaurant Baton Rouge Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Delicious Nepalese food! Apr 12, 2012
After finishing our work at the plant in Baton Rouge and refreshing ourselves, we took the suggestion of our Nepalese student to go to a Nepalese restaurant. I have never tried Nepal food, so I immediatly said yes.

I tried Tama (bamboo) soup and lamb Chwela as my main entree. I have to say that i was very surprised of how similar Nepalese food was to Mexican. Maybe because of the use of the cilantro and tomato, it really had a Mexican flavor to it. Of course I also had some rice with curry and the tortilla bread was fantastic! Tasted like the home made tortillas my mom used to make 20 years ago.

I was really satisfied with this restaurant and I will def try Nepalese food again when I have the chance, I loved it! The only thing I didn't like much was the anise seeds we had for dessert... I remember one time my dad gave me an anise caramel for a joke when I was little. The taste was so bitter that I cannot have anise again anymore! Hahaha! This time I thought it would stay in mouth longer, but fortunately it went away pretty quick :)
Front
My delicious lamb!
montecarlostar says:
That's so lucky! I had never considered this food, but I am definitively stopping by next time I find one hahaha :D
Posted on: Apr 13, 2012