The Groove Train Surfers Paradise

3113 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, Australia - (07) 5538 8121

The Groove Train Surfers Paradise Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Underwhelming Jul 12, 2014
I'd been to The Groove Train a couple of times before and always knew the food to be fairly average but there isn't many restaurants to choose from in central Surfers Paradise.

We came the The Groove Train this time around simply because we wanted to go to Vapiano and the queue was far too long. We were going to a party and didn't want to be too late.

There was no queue at The Groove Train however it became quite clear they were very understaffed as the restaurant filled up. A waitress took my partners drink order and then took someone else's order whilst I decided on my own drink our food order. She never came back. A fair while later the manager took our order but forgot my drink. It was at least 20 mins later I decided to ask about my drink. I'm fairly certain it was forgotten about because he came back to ask me what my drink order was again.

We ordered a pizza and some polenta chips which took 45 mins to come out. To be fair, the manager did apologise for the wait. The pizza bases were too thick and there was far too much cheese and not enough toppings on the pizza. The polenta chips were ok but the polenta was too grainy. It hadn't been cooked slowly enough and there was no seasoning.

The manager took a bit off the bill for the slow service and lucky for me, he forgot to add my forgotten drink to the bill saving us $10.

They have had plenty of chances to redeem themselves at the Groove Train but unfortunately they haven't been able to impress me once yet. Probably will not go there again.

Check Surfers Paradise Hotel Deals