The Green House

A4, Fair Prospect, Jamaica
(876) 401-3197

Compare Manchioneal Hotel Rates (8.8km away)

The Green House Fair Prospect Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place close to the water Apr 24, 2011
We arrived in Long Bay on an Easter Saturday just before 4pm and we had no reservations of any kind. The only thing we had was our guide books and a lot of names on different small places often with only one or two rooms.

We stopped in front of one of the houses mentioned in our travel guides the Seaside. It was situated on the main road and we were trying to get a grip on the situation having no street names to support us.

Shortly after a young guy with a heavily dented mobile phone approached us, he asked if we need a place stay.

The place we had stopped in front asked too much compared to what we wanted to pay and the price mentioned in Lonely Planet so we were looking for other places.

The young guy jumped in the car and took us to the next one on the list, which only had one room and we needed two. The fun thing was that nobody was home there; they had just left a note on the door stating to go in and take the free room if you wanted it.

After that we were brought to a beach house that would have been nice if we were a couple of party guys; there were already two surfers living there and they seemed like great fun.

Next one was a house a bit up the road at Fair Prospect, which we liked but we didn’t want to pay the asked price of 100 us$ a day. After some discussion it didn’t take too long to agree on 80 $ per night for the house.

The house was nice with 3 bedrooms, full kitchen, dining room, living room and garden. In front of the house we had a small terrace watching the road.

The house was situated next to a bar, so we didn’t need to play music because they played loud enough for the whole neighbourhood but luckily they played great music most of the time.

The house was quite warm when we took it over because it had been closed up for a couple of days. My room was a nice size and had a nice size bed but with a bad madras. There was a closet and a fan in the room and I had the fan blowing straight at me when I was sleeping.

The bathroom was okay; there was not hot waster but when it is that warm it does not matter that much; I prefer a cold shower anytime just to get cooled off for a moment. We did only use the fridge and the freezer in kitchen; I had no plans on cooking on this holiday and we were close to the ocean and fresh fish would be on my menu for the coming weeks anyway.

The care taker was a really nice guy and he showed me around the whole place to explain if that and that would happen. He lived in a house just behind the big garden on top of a hill looking down. The first evening when we had a power cut he came down to see if we were okay too.
The rain falling the first morning
Suddenly we had a watch dog due to…
The porch 7 am in the rain
The gate

Related Travel Blogs About The Green House

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…houses nestled by a river infested with Hippos and Crocodiles!   No shit this place is pretty dangerous!   I must have counted about 8 Hippos no more than…

Compare Manchioneal Hotel Rates (8.8km away)

The Green House Map