The Grasshopper

www.grasshopper.nl - 020 626 1259

The Grasshopper Amsterdam Reviews

nethead nethead
Worst coffeshop ever! Nov 23, 2011
I have done some research online before i go to amsterdam and i got some coffeshops in my list to visit. It was the third one i visited and here is my experiance:

I got in to order a coffee and buy some hash to smoke, At first i liked it, nice place, but then i waited over 5 mins for the fat ungly lady who takes orders, to finish "painting" her face (dont know the word, the usual things women do (but not when they work)), afterwords she apologised that she didnt see us and made us the coffes as we were seeing the menu. The price of the coffes were ok, about 6e for 2, BUT the minimum order for some hash was 20e LOL! I did buy becouse i thought it may be some killer hash, it wasnt. What i got was some stinky smelly BURNED hash (1,3 g for 20e, of that quality...)

I do NOT recomend anyone going there, even the bulldog is much better than that.

When we sat to smoke in the designated area someone there told us that we got it becouse maybe the lady thought we were italians, (THATS SHIT that you get what you get "from where you are")

Very bad, i wish it closes imidietly, and the scammer/owner of that goes to prison for the rest of his life.

Worst ever
Life_is_good Life_is_…
great time May 29, 2011
Good location, party people there all day and night. Food as well good. Prices for drinks were a little expansive but that is normal for a city like amsterdam. In the heart of the city with good music, service and definitely great atomosphare. If you want to start your day right, then you need to check out this place. At night this place is jam packed and people are partying it up all night till the dawn.
mazi mazi
Over-priced tourist trap! Feb 19, 2011
This is the first cafe/ bar you see when you get out of centraal station in Amsterdam so naturally enough you just wanna get in there & get wasted.......wait it's a tourist trap....It's soooo expensive i.e €7.50 for a space cake ( based on last years prices) may have changed slightly since then.There are lots more cafe's cheaper in Amsterdam so don't go nuts the minute you get there because it is very expensive so be wise with your money!
RB82 RB82
Very touristy Apr 30, 2011
This place is all for the tourists. I went on a Contiki tour and they brought us to this bar. It has an outdoor terrace and several levels inside.

There are way better places to experience "the real Amsterdam". I wouldn't say not to go, but I would make it a point to check out more bars than just this one.
Dave81 Dave81
The Grasshopper Sep 24, 2007
One of the bigger coffe shops in town. You can choose between several floors and there is also a restaurant on the ground floor. On the first floor you will find kind of a sportsbar where you can watch live sports on tv. On the second floor there is the discobar with bumping sounds. It is also one of the few coffeshops where you can drink a beer :-)

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals