The Grand Teppanyaki, aka "my favorite noodle place"

Thong Lor, Bangkok, Thailand

The Grand Teppanyaki, aka "my favorite noodle place" Bangkok Reviews

bede17 bede17
May 29, 2006
As I told my waitress tonight, this is probably my favorite place to eat in Bangkok. I don't want to take anything away from the really nice meals we've had out, but for great food at a great price you can't beat this place. The menu has the key Japanese staples but you can ask to see the neighboring restaurant's more extensive menuif you wantas they are actually the same place. The specialty on this side of the street are the steak meals, which come with miso soup, salad, and steamed rice. The guys deemed it "the best steak in Bangkok," and I would probably have to agree with them from the few bites I've had of their meals. I stuck to my tempura noodles and steamed rice on every visit and couldn't have been happier. The soup comes piping hot in minutes and I spice the rice up with a little gyoza sauce. A full meal for $4, not to mention the endless glasses of refreshingiced oolong tea for free. I've probably been at some point on every single night of the week and only had to wait for a table once, but there always seemed to be a steady stream of Thai or Japanese diners to keep them busy. Definitely the first place I will go back to if I'm here again!

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals