The Grand Hotel in Salem

The Grand Hotel in Salem Rates and Deals

The Grand Hotel in Salem Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Very Nice Hotel in Salem, Oregon Oct 29, 2014
As usual, I did my quick scan of Travelocity with my two main search criteria: free wifi and parking. I'll admit that I am a bit spoiled. I do like nice hotels. I like big, comfortable beds. I really like air conditioning. And I'm all about toilets with running water. That I don't have to share with anyone else. However, if need be I could sleep in a tent, a backseat, or a dumpster just like anyone else. But if I don't have to, why would I? This is why I work all year long. So I can take kick ass vacations and not really worry about the bill. Don't judge me.

The Grand Hotel fits the bill for me. Not the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at but nothing wrong with it either. The final bill was around $150. Plenty of room including a slightly sectioned off living area. Nothing spectacular as far as decor but definitely above average.

I had read some reviews in which many guests had mentioned how friendly the staff was. They were totally correct about that. They were outstanding in that capacity. Very attentive and eager to help in any way they could.

There is a bar and restaurant. I normally don't eat at hotel restaurants. I usually find them overpriced and underwhelming. Bentley's was actually pretty good. I ordered the squash ravioli and the clam chowder. Both were well done and hit the spot. That and a beer cost $25 not including the tip.

I was off running around making new friends and drinking too much so I didn't actually spend much time at the hotel or use any of the amenities like the pool.

The Night Deposit is a bar that is a couple of blocks away that has many beers. In fact, all of Oregon is known for the beer. I believe they have the most breweries in all of the U.S. Many places don't carry the normal domestic beers the U.S. is known for like Bud and Michelob. These are microbreweries who are very serious about their craft.

It is somewhat quiet in the downtown area after dark. It's not terribly known for it's nightlife but there are a few hidden gems close to the hotel.
doc_reggie doc_regg…
Great Place to be Jun 24, 2010
This fine upscale hotel will please even the snobbiest traveler. Best hotel in the Willamette Valley from the South up to Central Oregon.

Prices were moderate, personnel adequate for this area, and the rooms were excellent.

A great stay and walking distance to Starbucks & Nordstroms, it's right in the heart of downtown.

For a real treat grab a reservation in the Senator's room or the Governor's room. Also a great restaurant downstairs, (can't remember the name) with excellent food, opened late, and also very reasonable prices.

The Grand Hotel in Salem Overview

A host of popular attractions are located near the Grand Hotel Salem. Among these are the Salem Conference Center, Riverfront Park, Capitol Plaza, Mission Mill Museum, Oregon State Fairgrounds and the Enchanted Forest.

There are 193 guest rooms and suites at the Grand Hotel Salem. These accommodations are furnished with cable televisions, wireless Internet connections, clock radios, ironing equipment and direct-dial phones with free local calls. Kitchens, wet bars and Jacuzzi tubs can be found in suites.

This five-storey hotel provides a 29,000-square-foot meeting/event space consisting of 15 meeting rooms. The Grand Hotel Salem also features an indoor swimming pool, a spa tub, a fitness center, an ATM, a 24-hour front desk and laundry facilities. Guests can wine and dine at Bentley's Grill and Lounge.

The Grand Hotel in Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Full-service catering
  • Exhibit Space
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub