The Grain Store

Granary Square 1-3 Stable Street King's Cross London N1C 4AB, London, United Kingdom
www.grainstore.com - 020 7324 4466

The Grain Store London Reviews

debsadams1979 debsadam…
Good food shame about the dire service! Oct 19, 2013
I went here for a friends birthday and had been brushing up on the place beforehand and it promised great things; my friend is Vegan and the Grain Store appeared to have a great menu that catered for everyone, meat-eaters and vegetarians/ vegans alike.

We arrived to sit our table at 8.30pm; it took about 20 minutes even to get a drink, not a great start. Even though we were a party of 20 people the place wasn't jammed to the rafters for a Saturday night so you'd expect things to kick-off a little more swiftly.

We were all also signed up for a 4 course tasting menu at £35 a head, not a huge sum granted but still you expect something decent for that amount.

It took at least an hour to be served the first course and by 11.30pm we had only had two courses! The food itself was nice but there wasn't a huge amount and by the time the main course finally rolled around I had gone past the point of being hungry so didn't really enjoy the main course of partridge as much as I feel I should've done given how much I love game. My friends vegan main course was pretty disappointingly bland, she'd had enough at this point and asked to see the manager. He was initially quite rude when she complained about how long things had taken and he had tried to blame it on one person in the group being late, which was true, but not a very reasonable excuse in my book, they should have told us we had to start without them in my opnion. He did at least try to make amends with those of left at the end of the evening sorting out the bill by giving us all free liqueurs and taking my friends meal off the final bill.

The waiters and waitresses however do deserve a special mention as they were kind and polite and very attentive, if a little slow!

I think this place could be good if they can sort out the service as the quality of the non-vegan food at least, was pretty good. Sadly though the experience has not left a great taste in my mouth (pardon the pun) so I won't be rushing back anytime soon.

Check London Hotel Deals