The Graha Cakra Malang

The Graha Cakra Malang Rates and Deals

The Graha Cakra Malang Reviews

Acy_jkt Acy_jkt
Boutique Hotel Jul 24, 2010
Another hotel I stayed in Malang for work. I stayed here several times, and I love it!! This hotel really represents Indonesian traditional boutique hotel. Located in the middle of the high class housing complex in Malang with its green gardens, makes it even feel more comfy.

The hotel is small, not more than 30 rooms, but it is mostly full all season, especially during the weekend. I arrived at the weekend, and most of all the guests were European tourists, mostly from Holland. So I really felt like I was the tourist in another country, being minority in my own country, LOL.

I could see why the tourists love to stay in this place, the furniture are very antique and made from traditional Indonesian wood carving or stone. And you can find so many antiques here, just like in the museums!

The room is pretty large, same as the outside and the whole part of the hotel, the furniture are antique and very traditional. But it is very clean and well-maintained. They have local and international TV channels. My room is facing the beautiful garden. Some of my friends were not lucky as their rooms faced high wall. They gave us a welcome fruit basket, very nice.

They have a small swimming pool and beautiful gardens with some beautiful flowers. The breakfast is also good, you can find both local and International food. They had live music in the restaurant on Sunday night when I arrived, playing international old songs with some tourists dancing and singing along. They also have free wi fi, but only at the lobby and the restaurant.

The most unique thing I found was, the staff were wearing the clothes as the Dutch colonial style back in the old days during the Dutch colony in Indonesia. Too bad I did not take any of their pictures. And they also have an old Mercedes parked in front of the hotel, to make it feel even more vintage, just like you are entering an old museum of Dutch Colonial era!

I highly recommend this place, I just love it and the service was so good! The rate was about USD 65 per night for deluxe room.
fransglobal says:
I'm about ten years too young myself! I presume you are many, many more! Decades, in fact.
Acy_jkt says:
Nope, I am not that old! LOL :D Thanks for the smiles, Francis!
fransglobal says:
I presume you don't remember the Dutch colonial period from personal experience!
paulca paulca
Traditional colonial style Aug 19, 2010
My wife and i have spent few nights at The Graha Cakra Hotel at the begin of August and we like it very much.

I fully share and confirm the review of 'Acy_jkt, but the toilet (especially the shower) of our suite was not at the level of the rest of the hotel.

Sure i recommend this hotel for all kind of travelers.

The Graha Cakra Malang Overview

Located in luxurious residential area of Malang the Graha Cakra Hotel is a glorious example of colonial architecture of the 1930s. Built by the Dutch architect Ir. Muller, the edifice was first used by the Society of Freemasons. In 1964, the landmark became the headquarters for Radio Republik Indonesia of Malang.

Renovation and restoration of the original building was began in 1993, with special emphasis on maintaining its original architecture and historical value. It now houses of the lobby, Cendrawasih Restaurant, Chandra Kirana Hall, and suites. A new wing was added to accommodate the additional guest rooms.

The project was completed at the end of 1994, in January 1995 the Graha Cakra opened its doors. This unique hotel offers you the comfort of the new millennium in the grandeur of the '30s, at surprisingly affordable price. Come discover the intimacy of personalized boutique hotel service in tradition of graceful Indonesian hospitality.

The Graha Cakra Amenities