The Grace Kelly Years Exhibit (Grimaldi Forum)

The Grace Kelly Years Exhibit (Grimaldi Forum) Reviews

hdichter hdichter
Jul 19, 2007
Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie opened the Princess Grace exhibit last weekend at the Grimaldi Forum, and it will run through mid-September before heading to London. I love royalty and my family is from Philly, so I'm completely biased to like this exhibition. But really, it's a *great* exhibition with lots of things to see from the life of Grace Kelly -- both before her marriage to Prince Rainer III and once she became a princess.

Some of the signs are only in French, but the information at the beginning of each of the 18 "rooms" is in French, English, and Italian. There are a lot of photographs, document originals and reproductions from famous people, too. and, of course, there are the dresses. Because what would a Hollywood star and Princess be without the clothing? Towards the end there also some of Princess Grace's jewelry, too. While it may not be the crown jewels in England, she definitely had a say in what she wore -- a lot of clovers (the whole Irish thing).

There is a lot of material about Princess Grace as a mother, including a lot of home movies -- which are really cute. The two rooms on the engagement and wedding show you just how much Rainer was in love with Grace, and how pretty the wedding was. Plus, the dress is on display. There are also a lot of video clips of Grace Kelly as an actress, and also as a kid at the Jersey Shore.

While the reduced fee is just for people under 25 rather than students (booo!) it's definitely worth the 10 euros it costs to see the exhibit. There's so much to see, and so much of it is really just beautiful.
jteddyb says:
I'm just surprised you actually found an academic excuse to go to Monaco!
Posted on: Aug 24, 2007
ienjoybeingagirl says:
Wow, I am SO jealous that you got to see this!!! I am a big fan of royalty too, and especially of Princess Grace. The exhibit will be moving to Sothetby's here in NYC in October, but I'm not sure how much of it will actually come over. I would love to see the entire exhibit in Monaco! I hope you're having a great time in the French Riviera -- I love it there.
Posted on: Jul 19, 2007