The Governor's Residence by Orient-Express

Check Yangon Hotel Deals

The Governor's Residence by Orient-Express Yangon Reviews

lewellyn lewellyn
Best place to stay in Yangon Mar 05, 2013
We stayed here for 3 nights in total. We had a Governors room on a higher floor each time, so no privacy issues, some of the ground floor rooms are rather less private. Lovely room each time, spacious and well equipped, with free wifi. The only issue was the lighting, a bit gloomy!

The grounds are lovely, and the staff attentive and helpful.The food is on the whole very good.

Our only major issue was that we were badly bitten while sitting in the pool area, the first time we had had a problem anywhere in Myanmar with mosquitos, even on a river cruise. The hotel are doing their best to address this problem and treat the grounds regularly. All in all, from what we heard for other travellers, the best place to stay in Yangon.
Cho says:
Wow, you're indeed very lucky to have stayed there! I have read many rave reviews about this hotel, and I know where it is (I'm a native of Yangon) but have never even seen the place. Maybe, on my next trip to Myanmar, I will at least go have a look, that is if they let me in!
Posted on: Mar 05, 2013

The Governor's Residence by Orient-Express Overview

Discover all that Yangon has to offer with The Governor's Residence Hotel as a base. All 48 guestrooms at the hotel provide all the comforts and conveniences guests would expect in a hotel in this class. Room amenities include ironing board, non smoking rooms, hair dryer, internet access – wireless. Guests staying at this Yangon accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as shops, bar/pub, meeting facilities. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including outdoor pool, garden. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Yangon, making it a distinct accommodation. Make your reservation at the The Governor's Residence Hotel Yangon now by selecting your chosen dates of stay and submitting our secure online booking form.

The Governor's Residence by Orient-Express Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite