The Golf Tavern

30-31 Wright’s Houses, Edinburgh, United Kingdom - 0131 221 5221

The Golf Tavern Edinburgh Reviews

Kelly_Woo Kelly_Woo
Oct 19, 2007
As I crossed the Meadows and eyed the golf course along the way, I thought we were just headed to some random pub for a good Scottish fry-up after a fun night of drinking. Little did I know, that breakfast place was actually a famous Edinburgh pub devoted to the rich history of Scottish golf.

Established in 1456, the Golf Tavern is a charming mixture of old and new. Situated in a lovely building across the Meadows and only a short walk from busy Princes Street, this place houses a great collection of golf memorabilia and offers everything one would look for in a modern sports bar: great modern decor, big screen TVs, delicious pub food and traditional Scottish meals. This is a popular hang out for sports enthusiasts, golf enthusiasts, students, and even the traveler looking for a hearty Scottish breakfast, haggis included.

After a night on the town, the Golf Tavern's traditional Scottish breakfast hit the spot, complete with eggs, haggis, black pudding, potato scones, sausage, baked beans, mushrooms and tomato. I consider myself somewhat adventurous when it comes to food so the haggis and black pudding were my challenge. Unsure at first, these two ended up surprising me and were quite delicious. I nearly finished my entire plate.

All in all, a place with a nice atmosphere, delicious food and good service. If I had an enjoyable breakfast, I can't imagine how fun it must be during game time.
A delicious Scottish breakfast