The Goldener Adler Gasthof

Phone +43/732-73 11 47, Fax +43/732-73 11 47-5

The Goldener Adler Gasthof Linz Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The Goldener Adler Gasthof - a copy of Austria Jun 20, 2009
The Gasthof is located in the town centre of Linz and is easily reached regardless if you enter Linz either by car or bike. If you arrive by car it will only take 3 minutes from the Mühlkreis motorway exit and 2 minutes if you have been out biking on the scenic Danube bike track which numerous of tourists in this area does. I was invited to eat lunch there by some Austrians who wanted to show me some traditional Austrian food.

The restaurant or Gasthof was quite charming inside if you enjoy the Austrian tiled oven and furthermore the traditional woodwork which is a huge part of any Austrian buildings. I found that the restaurant had a wonderful local ambience and I felt like I stepped back in time. The Austrian food is in general very tasty and consists of fairly large portions. Since this was lunch I took a relative light meal and avoided the creamy and delicious looking potato soup which the hosts took and enjoyed. I had a Carpaccio followed by fresh asparagus with butter, ham and vegetables. The last dish was extremely tasty and I was told that the asparagus were local and from just outside Linz, which I don’t know how to confirm since the proof has gone.

Check Linz Hotel Deals