The Globetrotter Inn Hostel London

The Globetrotter Inn Hostel London Rates and Deals

The Globetrotter Inn Hostel London Reviews

petrarchanprincess petrarch…
Quiet Please! Mar 15, 2008
Globetrotter Inn: The inn was alright. As you can probably tell by my rant in the entry above, I did not have the quietest experience…but then again, I am in a hostel, what should I expect? The breakfast was meager and the ambiance was less than desirable. However, the individual curtains for the bed was nice, with your own personal light. There were ample electrical sockets and I also appreciated the sink in the bedroom. I also like how the doors have electric key card access, and also that linens are provided. The bathrooms were also laid out quite nicely, and I didn’t have a problem getting an empty shower when I needed one in the morning. However, the lack of anywhere nice to sit with your laptop was a bit annoying. I really liked other hostels I’ve stayed at, even much smaller ones than this, which had nice places for you to chill out…Globetrotter had a bar, but that’s SO not the same thing. If I want to go party…there are thousands of bars I can go to in London…I like my hostels to be a place to meet people, and to recharge…this place provided none of that. It was also a bit out of the way, considering the fact that the tube also was under construction in that neighborhood as well….which didn’t help. I have yet to find a nice and cheap place to stay in London…but hopefully when I come back in May, the Palmers Lodge will be all that I hope it is.
CFD CFD
Mar 11, 2007
This BIG hostel found in hammersmith in London. Its not the normal small hostel, but i big hostel with alot of rooms. I would not be surpised if there where over 200 people at this hostel at the same time..

There is a reason for that. Here are a few things:

The rooms are spacious in good condition.

You will get bedsheets for no extra fee.

They have their own bar and shop.

Since its big its alot of people to get to know

Great location (2mins from the Stamford Brook on the District line)

The drawback is that the Hostel is just to big. Its not like a cozy hostel in eastern europe or other places. There is no charm..

But.. since there is so many people living there it will be som clashed from time to time. And it happened to me and this other Norwegian guy i met there. Two dutch guys just after trouble starting to insulting us and claming that we where insulting them. When i went to the restroom by myself they followed me and blocked the door and started to say that they would kick my ass and such things.. Luckily someone else tried to use the bathroom so i was off the hook. Im was not scared since this have happened before ,but its unfortable and not the thing you want for your holiday..

I gave it 4stars since the service is good and price is low ,but if you count these people into the picture it would only be a two-star place.. You want to have fun on your holiday and not having to avoid people at the same hostel.

PS. There is great italian resturant nearby.. Se my other review.

The Globetrotter Inn Hostel London Overview

The Globetrotter Inn Hostel London offers affordable accommodation in Bloomsbury, less than 10 minutes to Ravenscourt Park and St Peter's Church. The hostel offers a fitness centre and a tour desk as well as luggage storage, a safe-deposit box and a car rental desk.

The hostel's front desk staff are on hand to assist you with any additional requirements you may have. The guests can sit and rest in the tranquil environment of the hostel's outdoor area. Guests who have an eye on their health and wellness will be glad to know the hostel has fitness facilities on-site. The hostel's multilingual staff will be happy to provide dining suggestions and help you organise your stay in London.

The Globetrotter Inn Hostel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Garden
  • Direct dial phone
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Cots