The Ghost Bar

001 702 938 2666

The Ghost Bar Las Vegas Reviews

HuBison HuBison
I don't understand what the hype is about either Sep 13, 2010
I have been here and I forget what time we arrived, but my group of 6 did not have to pay (that's the only reason we went). We enjoyed the direct elevator service to the club, and the view truly is amazing, but it wasn't a super fun venue.

As per Hannajax's review, the atmosphere is OK, but if the music isn't great, then people just linger around and don't really take advantage of the dance floor. When it's August or super-hot, it's really nice to be outside, but those with any kind of vertigo will find this is the last palce they like to be.

This place must be hit-or-miss cause I do hear some good things about the Ghost Bar, but we didn't really enjoy ourselves. Maybe you'll have a better experience. If so, please write a review.
hannajax hannajax
Jun 18, 2007
Located on the 55th floor of the Palms Casino and Resort, the Ghost Bar is famous for its stunning 360 degree views of the city and beyond, thanks to its floor to ceiling windows. However, I have to disagree that this view is worth $25, considering the average cost of a drink is $10-$16.

Getting there is a breeze, as the elevator on the casino floor whisks you up the 55 floors in a heartbeat. I don't know what our little group was expecting when we entered the black light on white pleather room...

The night was young, only 10pm, and there were a few dozen patrons milling about, sipping cocktails in small plastic cups. The small dance floor and seating areas opened up to a grand balcony with sweeping views, seats lining the walls, and two bars. Due to the shortage of revelers, the music alternated between 80s new wave and 90s pop and dance. No one here was quite in the mood for dancing, we relaxed on one of the seats, talked about the amazing view, and how boring we found the club to be, overall.

Sure, there is the element of time here. Had we arrived here two hours later, the club would most likely have a different ambiance, and music better suited to shaking your groove thang.

Perhaps we might have seen some dancing go-gos to entertain the small masses, instead of seeing them wandering around outside...clad in white platform suits and white minis and halters.

I don't get the impression of a "ghost bar" at all. It is more reminiscent of a "white party" in college where the dress code is white and the lighting is black, making everyone feel a bit surreal and displaced.

Were it not for the views, this bar would have little else to offer.

Friday and Saturday night I am betting that you will have to pay $25 to get in; whether it is 8pm or 12am. We got an all access pass to the other Palms clubs MOON and RAIN, etc with our admission fee - but we couldnt use this all access pass until after 2am! People our age are usually in bed by then.

The place has a reputation, and why that is I couldnt say. What this means to you is that if you show up after 12am, there will be little room for you to move or dance about, and you most likely will not find a place to sit unless you want to spend between $300-$500 for a table. If you are coming here just to drink, take your dollars somewhere were a domestic doesn't cost $7.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals