The German Cafe

(520) 456-1705

The German Cafe Sierra Vista Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Homemade German Food at great prices and commendable service Aug 01, 2011
I recently relocated from Tucson to Sierra Vista and found myself at a loss for what to do given the disparity between the two towns. Sierra Vista is quite a small town population and size wise. I particularly did not have much of a choice for restaurant or social places to go to. Having spent almost 2 months craving particular foods, I asked Mark to find something “different” in terms of food. He suggested we try the German restaurant. Turns out the German Café here in Sierra Vista is quite the catch for German Cuisine; great homemade food at great prices with excellent service.

Located on Paseo San Luis, it is an easy access from the main road in Sierra Vista, highway 92. It was a nice surprise for me because I do like German cuisine. They serve lunch and dinner all week and are closed on Mondays. It is a rather small establishment with just one room for the dining area, I believe they can comfortably sit 30 – 40 people at a time. The first day we went there, we were taken in by the family style setting of the dining area. Small with a touch of German in the décor and art, the service attendant was a German lady fluent in English. She was pleasant and efficient in taking orders on a first come first serve basis.

The menu is simple and easy, the German dishes clearly explained in English. I ordered Wiener schnitzel with homemade potato salad, as authentic as you would find in German itself. Mark ordered the Jaeger schnitzel which came with sauerkraut and a warm potato salad. I had apple juice since I’m off alcohol for a while; Mark ordered the German Weiss beer which he said was excellent. We did not have desert so I do not know how good it is, nonetheless you should try the desert, the people sitiing next to us seemed to think it was delicious.

I have since been there five times, and each time has been nothing short of delightful. For a pregnant woman, I will say this just knocked the nausea out of me each time. Definitely a great recommendation for visitors to Sierra Vista, you will not be disappointed. It is great for families, individuals, couples etc.

The price range is between $7 – 16 per person

They accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as cash payments.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Africancrab says:
I know Sven, I really wanted the sauerkraut, I guess it was the pregnancy hormones.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2012
svenman99 says:
Jägerschnitzel with Sauerkraut ??? That sounds funny. I'd say thats prenant women's Food cause it's really strange to have such a combination.
Posted on: Apr 01, 2012
Africancrab says:
Allie and CJ, thanks for the comments. I have since returned here twice, the food is always good.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2012