The George Pub

Tourist street, Qawra, Malta

The George Pub Qawra Reviews

MrD3071 MrD3071
Dirty pint anyone? Feb 27, 2010
The George Pub became the frequent watering hole of the students in Malta. I assume this was mostly because it was less then 50 yards away from our hotel, which was probably the only upside I found to this pub. I have given it 4 $'s because compared to other Maltese prices it was quite costly (though this was still cheap by European standards). It does come with a beer garden, which is quite nice to relax in during the warm Mediterranean evenings.

So why a two star review? To date this is the lowest review I have given; well here are a few good reasons. Firstly I noticed a price conflict, we the tourist students were being charged slightly more then the locals, I don’t know how many people copped onto this from my group, but I am more observant. Secondly most of the beer and ciders from the tap tasted awful; literally it was as if they didn’t ever clean the taps! 'Paint stripper flavoured beer' I would not recommend! A final point I picked up on were some of the bottled drinks, we came across more then one that were out of date (this includes the fruit juice J20 and products such as 'Desperado' and 'WKD'). This certainly shone a lack of care and consideration in my eyes!

However, it wasn’t all bad, the pub itself is quite lively despite the dodgy alcohol, with entertainment (of various standards) most night, including Karaoke, live bands and a poker tournament in which I was a finalist ;)

The staff members are quite friendly as well it had to be said.

To summarise, it’s a pub where you'll be charged a high price for a low quality drink, but if chronic stomach ache the next morning is your thing, you'll probably enjoy the atmosphere of the pub and the friendly locals/staff that inhabit it.
Shots, the only form of alcohol I …
Our group outside of the George.

Check Qawra Hotel Deals