The Geographic Club

141 Calle de Alcalá, Madrid, Spain

The Geographic Club Madrid Reviews

Albertodelavilla Albertod…
Best Cocktail bar in Madrid Jan 16, 2014
What place could be better for a traveller than ending up eating, dining and chatting with friends or simply enjoying a delicious cocktail than at The Geographic Club?

On Calle Alcalá, near the Retiro Park and the commercial hub of Goya, we find a place like “minube”, where those loving adventure, travelling, come near to enjoy the beauty of this place and partake in long conversations commenting travels or explaining their next travel experience.

The décor is inspired directly from the headquarters of the Geographic Club of London and the philosophy of the place is very interesting. They have come up with a place that is a tribute of travelers, explorers, adventurers. A genuine museum of objects, bibelots, photographs brought from expeditions and adventures. Doctor LIvingstone would feel right at home here.

No, I didn´t discover this place out of curiosity: it was one of my favourites when I lived in Madrid and whenever I can, I go back to it. For the first time, I used the restaurant services and I admit that I expected a lot less. Oxtail with eggs and potatoes and garnish, grilled potatoes were more than enough to calm our appetites.

All enjoyed with an excellent Rioja wine, and to end, a perfect Irish coffee. What surprised me most was seeing lots of families with their children enjoying the plentiful hamburgers they serve here. It is an all in one, a different concept, an exclusive place to have lunch, dinner or simply enjoying a drink: what more could one ask for.

Don´t miss out on any of their exclusive cocktails.

Check Madrid Hotel Deals