The Garden of Dreams

Kesharmahal Marga, Kathmandu, Nepal

The Garden of Dreams Kathmandu Reviews

jumpingnorman jumpingn…
An Escape from the Hustle and Bustle of Kathmandu Jul 09, 2014
I had just finished the early morning one-hour flight over Mt Everest, and I had about 3-4 hours of "free-time" before my guide would pick me up again for another tour. I asked someone in the hotel where I could go and he recommended the "Garden of Dreams" which was a little botanical paradise within walking distance from my hotel. It was easy to find with the sign on the road, and after crossing the street carefully, I got in...

I was glad I entered this park because the busy streets of Kathmandu were a bit "energy-draining", and this place was a perfect refuge for relaxation. In the 1920's, this location was called the Garden of Six Seasons which was created by late Field Marshal Kaiser Sumsher Rana. Six impressive pavilions were created, each dedicated to one of the six seasons of Nepal and these were considered as the most sophisticated gardens of the time, However, the gardens were neglected a few years later and only half of what it was exists today.

The Austrian government helped in restoring the place between 2000-2007, and kudos to them for doing such a great job! The place is very clean, very quiet and a great place to just "chill". The flowers were beautiful and I am including pictures of them here. The visitors of the gardens also included huge dragonflies, butterflies, birds and even a squirrel!

If you want to find a nice place to meditate or spend the afternoon, this is a perfect place to revitalize and clear your thoughts. Hope you visit and support the Garden of Dreams in Kathmandu :)

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals