The Gallery Café

2 Alfred House Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka

The Gallery Café Colombo Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Very nice outdoor dining Sep 10, 2012
I almost made a mistake of rolling out of bed and coming over here for a cup of coffee and a muffin. Good thing I dressed up a bit because it would've been really awkward dining here in shorts and t-shirts. It would've been my mistake anyway given that this cafe was located in an area near foreign embassies so if you do come here expect the crowd to be more of foreigners. Good thing I was hungry too so instead of having a dull muffin I settled in and had a proper meal. Food is pretty good with a lot of options but menu has more international dishes than Sri Lankan if I remember correctly. Service was very good and waiters were attentive but nothing exceptional. What I really loved about this place was the environment and decor as it gave the feel of dining in a authentic art gallery and the outdoor elements blended well with the furniture and feel of the place. But I don't know if I would recommend it though if the weather became unpleasant. Overall it was a good experience and I might come again if ever I find myself in Colombo.

Check Colombo Hotel Deals