The "Gaff" Party Bar and Nightclub

02 93809244

The "Gaff" Party Bar and Nightclub Sydney Reviews

uk_traveller uk_trave…
Gaff Now Closed Mar 07, 2012
'The Gaff' is now closed guys - it is still a bar but not 'The Gaff' nor a backpacker night out.

I went on Mardis Gras last week and im not sure if it is now a gay bar or just dressed up for Mardi Gras! Now expensive and no backpacker deals on or any in sight!

I work in the travel industry and 'The Gaff' owners now own a new bar in Kings Cross called 'Trademark Hotel' which has virtually the same backpacker deals on as 'The Gaff' had - minus the free food.

It was 5 star in its day though! :D
mark_84 mark_84
great bar/club May 10, 2011
This is a good night out, been here quite a few times during the week and at weekends

they have a few themed nights which are a good laugh and makes everyone start a bit of friendly banter

its a mixture of music to suit everyone the atmosphere`s good

its mainly backpackers and i can pretty much guarantee you`ll bump into someone who grew up not far from you
d2amy d2amy
Great backpacker scene Aug 28, 2010
Before I had gone here I had heard so much about this place as my ex boyfriend had worked here for 4 months back in 2009. He never really explained the place to me, but he told me it was a good time, but mainly a backpacker bar.

I stayed at Asylum Hostel, and it just so happened that if you get 10 people to go to the Gaff, they bring you a bus and you get 2 free drinks, free entry and some food (if you make it there before 9 or something). Well we had about 25 people going so we crammed in to two buses and made it work. Now we only ended up staying there for about 3 hours as I was way to hammered to stay up past 2, apparently it doesn’t get good until about that time though.

There are two floors, both with a bar and a dance floor, playing the same music. There are a bunch of couches on the bottom floor. The one thing I really didn’t like about this place, because it is smaller you actually have to leave the club to go have a smoke. And since I smoke like a fiend when drinking, that meant every 5-15 minutes for me. Luckily most times the line wasn’t that long, and since the bouncer knew who my friend and me were, it wasn’t a huge deal. I’d go back here if I was in Sydney, but it’s definitely not a huge night out.
Gagoguck Gagoguck
Amazing Sydney Bar and Nightclub at affordable price! Aug 08, 2008
When you first walk into the bar you are greeted with a ginormous sign reading "There are no strangers here, only friends you havent met yet"...and this couldn't be more accurate. It almost seemed as if the majority of the people there weren't even from Australia. Within 5 minutes of standing at the bar waiting for food I ran into some very nice people from London, who invited me to join them at their table. After they left I met two very nice guys from South Korea who were very interested in America. From there I was introduced to another group of people traveling from Germany. Alot of these travellers had never met somebody from the United States and were anxious to exchange e-mails and get to know me. The bar was free to get in, and drinks were anywhere from $5-9...depending on preference. It was a Friday night and they had $5 Friday specials...which was either daquiries, tequila, beer (Tooheys New), and one other drink. This bar was so ridiclous that I can't even explain half of what was going on simply because I'm still not sure. Alot of the guys in the bar had no pants or shirts on because the DJ announced free shots all night to anyone in their underwear. Halfway through the night people in costumes started showing up; Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, a giant bear, Little Red Riding Hood, and a couple of drag queen-ish looking people. I went to this bar by myself just to kill some time and explore the Sydney night life and it turned out being unbelievable. This bar had a separate "club" inside of it downstairs that is open until 5am and cost an additional $10, but theres a dance floor upstairs as well at no additional charge. If you're in Sydney looking for an interesting Friday night, DO NOT miss The "Gaff"!!
cooeebackpackers cooeebac…
Jul 03, 2007
Free beer & Wine 1 hr every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday.

Themed nights every month

2 story night club.

Coyoto Dancers

Special Dj's every week.

Free meals with Vouchers from Wednesday - Sunday. Just buy a drink $4

This place is a backpckers dream,

Check Sydney Hotel Deals