The Furano Cheese Factory

Nakagoku, Furano, Japan - +81-0167-23-1156 / Fax: 0167-23-3600

The Furano Cheese Factory Reviews

ellechic ellechic
A treat of yummy cheese and soft ice cream Aug 01, 2011
The Furano Cheese Factory is a local cheese factory in Furano and one of the stops on the JR Twinkle Bus Lavender-Go sighseeing tour.

The factory allow visitors to observe the production process of the local camember cheese from behind the windows for FREE.

There is a shop that sells their dairy products and sample of the different types of cheeses they produce and sell. They were yummy and I was tempted to buy them but I still had more than 2 week stay in Japan. Instead, I bought a small bottle of milk, cheese cake (small individual portion) and a cream cheese brulee. They were all yummy!

There is also a pizza factory and ice cream factory. They gave us 50yen/100yen discount ticket for the ice cream factory so I headed to the ice cream shop and bought a a cone of soft cream with 2 flavors: corn and cheese! It was sooo good!

They also offer a cheese-making class. Because we were only there for 45min, I couldn't go and I think there was a fee, too.

Overall, this place isn't a must-see; however, the local food aspect is enticing.

I enjoyed tasting the different cheeses they had to offer and enjoyed the visit. And why not, it was free afterall!

Check Furano Hotel Deals