The Frog and Rostbif

+33 1 4236 3473

The Frog and Rostbif Paris Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The Frog and Rostbif Aug 16, 2006
I have always loved coming in this place no matter what time of year it is, and even no matter what time of the day. This is an English pub in disguise; the look is a bit to open to be a real British pub. The pub is situated in the famous Rue Saint-Denis which darkest end is mostly famous for its prostitutes, but I still consider it a safe place. The other end of the street leads you down to the shopping area Chatelet surrounding Les Halles.

The street is in general quite tame and also in the middle of the popular Chatelet area with shoppers and restaurant goers just round the corners. If you don’t have the stomach for it you can approach the pub from the Chatelet end and then you only walk along good side of the street, but it can be amusing enough. You have probably worked out that the street gets worse once you pass the pub.

Once I was on my way to the bar at 1am I managed to take one stop too many in the metro and I walked all the way down the dodgy part of the street and I was approached by a lot of smiling women with their back-up smoking in the dark alley. What scared me the most was a taxi almost driving into me explaining that this was not a place for me and he could give me a much better offer!!

The place is very popular amongst students and expats and the atmosphere is good and calm due the open window which let a lot of light in the place. Compared to the normal brew you would find in place like this, their own brewed beer is quite tasty and with good power.
WorldXplorer says:
Interesting name for a pub in France, celebrating the "entente cordiale"! ;)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2008