The French Broad River Campground

Check Asheville Hotel Deals

The French Broad River Campground Asheville Reviews

oldschoolbill oldschoo…
One of the Best Camp Grounds in North Carolina!! Mar 05, 2010
The French Broad River Campground just north of Asheville N.C. is one of the BEST Camp Grounds Old School has ever been to. You are able to set up your camp within a few feet of the French Broad River which is Spectacular Stunning Fantastic Breathtaking Incredible Amazing. There are just not enough adjectives to describe how nice the view is from your camp site. A friend told me how nice it is & how much I would enjoy it; I now call him Mr. Understatement. There are all kinds of water fowl to watch which I did for hours on end. I had plans of staying & riding the area for at least 3days. As luck would have it turned cold like 29 degrees which is not a good temperature to try to endure in a no heated tent. I slept with everything I had in my back pack including my helmet & was still COLD. I will go back in 2009!

French Broad River Campground Amenities

Wireless Internet Access- Recreation Room-Camp Store- Tennis-Fishing-Tubing- Kayak & Canoe Rentals-Camp Fires- Electric & Water Hookups- Septic Hookups-Tent Spaces- Remote Tent Sites -Cabin Rentals -Cable TV -Hot Showers

Nearby Activities

Nature Hiking Trails-Horseback Riding-Golf -Ski Slopes -Mountain Bike Trails

The Blue Ridge Parkway is close to the French Broad River Campground, and a trip here wouldn’t be complete without going to Pisgah National Forest. Go for a hike on the Shut-In Trail or the Side Hill Trail. Mount Mitchell State Park is close & too good to leave out. When you make your plans add a few days to take in as much as you can in the Asheville N.C. area!
One of My Favorite Pictures
oldschoolbill says:
One of the very best!!
Posted on: Jul 15, 2009
gimpel says:
nice place to put the tent.
Posted on: Jul 15, 2009