The Freedom Hotel and Bar

Check Sihanoukville Hotel Deals

The Freedom Hotel and Bar Sihanoukville Reviews

rotorhead85 rotorhea…
The Freedom Hotel and Bar Jul 11, 2008
The both times that I passed through Sihanoukville on my past winter in SE Asia, I stayed at the German owned and operated Freedom Hotel. It is conveniently located right across the street from the bus station where all busses and taxis into town arrive making it an ideal base to either familiarize with Sihanoukville or simply rest up before moving out to one of the beach areas. I make my entire stay here because it is centrally located - walking distance to the central market, banks, all the downtown bars and restaurants, and shopping for both groceries or souvenirs. The two main beach areas - in opposite directions - can be easily reached by motorbike taxi.

The Freedom's basic rooms are clean, spacious, and cheap starting at $5 per night. They include fan, refrigerator, cable television, and a hot water bathroom. These amenities are a real treat, especially after arriving from the low budget places in Thailand. For just a few dollars more, air-conditioned rooms are available. My preference is a $7 fan room with a window that opens - some do not. The staff is courteous, friendly, cheerful, and very helpful for any type of local information.

Great food is readily available - both western and local. The action packed bar downstairs offers 50-cent mugs of beer, western music from all over the world, and music videos displayed on a large screen. My

second floor room had no problem at all with noise from the downstairs late-night activity. When I return to Cambodia this fall, I will definitely stay here again for a couple of weeks.
The Freedom Hotel